Saturnalia is a database for storing time series data. By building a database specifically for storing time series data we're able to achieve high performance, compression, and advanced graphing and visualization features.
Here's how you can grab our source and setup a
collectd demo to see your linux system's resource usage:
Aggregate, store, and usefully display metrics.
- Defining Use Case: Cost should never be a concern when adding a new metric.
- An Exploratory, Responsive, and Interactive (between users) UI.
- Scales up to a million distrinct high frequency metrics.
- Stores a complete history without forgetting anything.
- Robustness against component failures; crash-only.
- High Availability
We will also examine these Goals in more detail over time with example use cases.
- Current features: Database and interactive web user interface.
- RoadMap defines our short and longer term feature goals.