Clone wiki

meetings / 131101_webex

Minutes Webex 01 November 2013, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Taking notes (using Etherpad)

  1. Xavi Vilajosana
  2. Pascal Thubert
  3. Thomas Watteyne

Present (alphabetically)

  1. Pascal Thubert
  2. Thomas Watteyne
  3. Diego Dujovne
  4. Nicola Accettura
  5. Pouria Zand
  6. Qin Wang
  7. Rouhollah Nabati
  8. Tina Tsou
  9. Xavi Vilajosana

Recording

Slides

Action Items

  1. Thomas to ask Dominique Barthel whether available to take notes on Etherpad.
  2. Pascal to ask to Michael Richardson as Jabber proxy.
  3. Thomas to reduce number of slides in TSCH presentation.
  4. Thomas to verify agenda in slides is the official one.
  5. Thomas to remove slide 26.
  6. Thomas to remove information data model title and move slide to first slide on data models.
  7. Thomas to go through each presentation and add bullet point indicating that has been renamed to 6TiSCH.
  8. Xavi to send a reworked of 6top focusing on API first.
  9. Xavi to rework 6top and minimal draft slides to reduce. Move some slides to the end.
  10. Pascal to clean up slot allocation slides, and resend a shorter version to Thomas.

Agenda

  • Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda
    • Approval minutes last call
  • IETF 88 Vancouver
    • overview slides
  • Slot allocation principles
  • AOB [1min]

Minutes

  • [08.03] Meeting starts
  • [08.03] Administrivia
    • Approval agenda

      No concerns raised. Agenda approved.

    • Approval minutes last call

      No concerns raised. Minutes approved.

  • [08.04] IETF 88 Vancouver
    • Thomas sharing ppt live to make editions
    • Missing person to take Etherpad notes.
    • [Xavi] agrees to take notes.

      Action item: Thomas to ask Dominique Barthel whether available to take notes on Etherpad.

    • Missing person to interface to jabber room

      Action item: Pascal to ask to Michael Richardson as Jabber proxy.

    • [Xavi] Who presents the terminology draft?
      • Pascal will present terminology and charter.
      • Thomas will present TSCH draft.
    • TSCH drafts has too many slides.

      Action item: Thomas to reduce number of slides in TSCH presentation.

    • Agenda is not up to date in slides.

      Action item: Thomas to verify agenda in slides is the official one.

    • Usual way to present is to explain the changes since last version.

      Action item: Thomas to remove slide 26.

    • Information and data models slide - need to decide if we keep it with architecture or goes to the data models part
    • Pouria agrees to present it if needs to be moved to the data model part.

      Action item: Thomas to remove information data model title and move slide to first slide on data models.

    • Should we remove slide 34?
    • Move to beginning and make it status slides.
    • Thomas checks with Pouria whether the latest is correctly uploaded

      Action item: Thomas to go through each presentation and add bullet point indicating that has been renamed to 6TiSCH.

    • Pascal indicates that some text in the end of the 6top draft is somewhat off charter and probably belongs to architecture. Maybe the draft name should be more specific to indicate that it covers API / info model as opposed to scheduling, forwarding, 6top to 6top etc.

      Action item: Xavi to send a reworked of 6top focusing on API first.

    • Yoshihiro presents it own set of slides.
    • [Xavi] About OTF, suggests to keep the objective slide and present in a broad sense what OTF is and why it is interesting. Renamed slide to GOAL.
    • Security draft: it is hard to discuss as we do not have the background. We keep first slide to introduce the topic to be discussed in London.

      Action item: Xavi to rework 6top and minimal draft slides to reduce. Move some slides to the end.

  • [08.47] Slot allocation principles
    • Pascal presents the slides about "Slot allocation principles"
    • [Thomas] 6top misses a functionality to allocate blocks of cells (a.k.a. chunks).
    • [Thomas] next-cell usage requires some changes in some header, we need to make clear how 6top deal with that.

      Action item: Pascal to clean up slot allocation slides, and resend a shorter version to Thomas.

    • [Diego] In this context, what is the difference between a chunk and bundle.
    • [Pascal]
      • bundle: a bunch of cells that together provide a link abstraction between 2 nodes (more capacity on a link)
      • chunk: a collection of cells in the schedule that can be used by a node to talk to any others.
    • [Thomas] These are new ideas that need to be discussed on the ML. Let's make sure it can be done and discuss the pros/cons.
  • [09.06] AOB

    No AOB raised.

  • [09.09] Meeting ends
    • [Pascal] reminds that IETF meeting can be followed by jabber, live audio stream and webex.

Updated