Wiki

Clone wiki

meetings / 140214_webex

Minutes Webex 14 February 2014, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PST.

Taking notes (using Etherpad)

  1. Dominique Barthel
  2. Pascal Thubert
  3. Thomas Watteyne

Present (alphabetically)

  1. Diego Dujovne
  2. Dominique Barthel
  3. Elvis Vogli
  4. Kazushi Muraoka
  5. Kuor Hsin Chang
  6. Maria Rita Palattella
  7. Pascal Thubert
  8. Pat Kinney
  9. Pouria Zand
  10. Qin Wang
  11. Sedat Gormus
  12. Thomas Watteyne

Recording

Slides

Action Items

  • Thomas to indicate -interface and -sublayer replaces 6top draft.
  • Chairs to prepare a skeleton for presentations template.
  • Draft editors/authors to prepare slides for IETF89

Agenda

  • Administrivia [5min]
    • Approval agenda
    • Approval minutes last call
    • IETF 89:
      • schedule
      • important dates
  • draft update [25min]
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-terminology [Maria-Rita Palattella] [5min]
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture [Pascal Thubert] [5min]
    • draft-wang-6tisch-6top-interface [Qin Wang] [5min]
    • draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer [Qin Wang] [5min]
    • draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly [Maria-Rita Palattella] [5min]
  • agenda IETF89 6TiSCH WG meeting [20min]
    • attendance round-call [5min]
    • tentative agenda discussion [15min]
  • AOB [5min]

Minutes

  • [08.04] Meeting starts
    • Thomas reminds that Note Well applies. Call is recorded. Agenda is presented. We are two weeks from London meeting.
  • [08.07] Administrivia
    • Approval agenda

      No issues raised, agenda approved.

    • Approval minutes last call

      No issues raised, minutes of last call approved.

    • ISA100 update in Orlando
      • [Pat] ISA100 about industrial WSN met in Orlando this week. There are 3 groups; .11a is talking about a revision. ISA100 formed a study group focussed on what's next for ISA100. Many things happened since ISA100.11a was defined, 6TiSCH, RPL, 15.4e TSCH, 15.4-2014, lightweight M2M, regulatory in UK and Europe, new bands. Many things happening, need to figure out a roadmap, and formed a study group for that reason. Lead by Pat, Pascal, and Penny Chen from Yokogawa. *Many members including US dept of Energy. Include a relationship into SmartGrid.
    • IETF 89 updated
      • schedule
        • plugfest in the morning, 6TiSCH meeting in the afternoon of same day (Thursday 6 March)
      • important dates
        • Today is I-D cutoff
        • Draft agenda to be updaloaded by Monday.
        • Friday: early bird registration, after that IETF registration will be more expensive!
  • [08.13] draft update
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-terminology [Maria-Rita Palattella]
      • published new version -01.
      • Did not include definition of unit of transmission.
      • Added distribution matrix to support the chunk discussions in the architecture.
      • Discussion about chunk.
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture [Pascal Thubert]
      • discussion on-going on chunks, thanks Maria Rita for reactivity.
      • Text related to RPL now in.
      • Pointed out that PANA is not the only mechanism for security.
      • Pascal will be presenting at the London meeting.
    • draft-wang-6tisch-6top-interface [Qin Wang]
      • In Vancouver we discussed splitting the 6top draft to match the chartered item (the interface) vs. the sublayer definition.
      • interface is a new draft mainly to include the YANG model.
      • now in version -02.
    • draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer [Qin Wang]
      • sublayer includes the details of the commands and the 6top-to-6top communication, the statisticsc and the monitoring.
      • Version -00 now published.
      • We removed the section describing RPL interaction that moved to the architecture.
      • Hopefully Qin will be in London, VISA was issued.

        Action item: Thomas to indicate -interface and -sublayer replaces 6top draft.

    • draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly [Maria-Rita Palattella]
      • submitted -01 a few minutes before the call.
      • Clarified some concepts.
      • Better definition of different policied, named pre-, post and hybrid allocation policies.
      • Cell allocation methods, 6top will translate these.
      • E.g. soft cell request in track will become a request to increase a bundle.
      • For the time being, just one bandwidth estimation algorithm.
      • Will be used a the default algorithm from Kris. Will try to include others later. Thanks to Qin and others for their support.
      • [Diego] Arrived to consensus on bundle and soft cell. Should discuss more about allocation requests, will the consider soft cell and bundles separately.
      • [Maria Rita] asks the group to read the draft and comment.
      • [Thomas] Has read the draft and thinks it is fine.
      • [Thomas] name of file is repository is -02, tool says -01. Will do some housekeeping.
      • [Thomas] Reminds that tracking for WG docs is using IETF datatracker. Tracking for non WG doc is through bitbucket.
  • [08.30] agenda IETF89 6TiSCH WG meeting
    • admin:
      • wiki page is akready setup (https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/140306a_ietf89_london).
      • Timeline is:
        • have a first agenda by this Monday 2/17
        • have a first set of slides by 2/21
        • final agenda by 2/24
        • final slides by 2/28

          No issues raised, timeline proposed on slides adopted.

        • Full set if slides to be put together before the meeting.

          Action item: Chairs to prepare a skeleton for presentations template.

    • attendance round-call
      • Pascal asks to raise hand on webex to see who will be in London:
        1. Diego Dujovne
        2. Dominique Barthel
        3. Guillaume Gaillard
        4. Maria Rita Palattella
        5. Pascal Thubert
        6. Pat Kinney
        7. Qin Wang
        8. Thomas Watteyne
        9. Xavi Vilajosana
    • tentative agenda discussion (see below for presented proposal)
      • recap of charter and milestones
      • terminology and arch drafts presentation
      • data models: 6top interface and sublayer drafts presentation
      • security:
        • not so much draft presentations, but rather discussion.
        • Michael Richardson tentative speaker.
        • Pascal reminds that Michael R. leads the security call on Mondays and is currently editing a draft. May have something to present at London meeting, will discuss this at next security call
        • Michael Behringer could present at IETF meeting, will come back with proposal by next Friday.
      • Plugfest: Xavi is not here today to report. Anticipate a presentation of plugfest by Xavi and presentations by participants.
      • Unchartered drafts: "on-the-fly" and "security-issues". If time permits, but Thomas will try that this happens.
      • Pascal talked to Shitanshu Shah, who might come and present.
      • Pascal still interested in Michael Behringer presenting on "autonomous boostrapping".
  • AOB
    • [Pascal] Related WGs at IETF89:
      • 6lo two slots on Wednesday afternoon.
        • Fragment forwarding of little interest to Smart Grid IEEE802.15.4g people (large frames).
        • Now coming back on ROLL mailing lsit, implementers feel is needed.
        • Now is time to commit to work on it and move it to an RFC, or drop it altogether.
        • Discussion is on 6lo, help welcome.
      • Also interesting discussion on 6man, meeting on Tuesday afternoon.
      • ROLL meeting right after 6TiSCH meeting. All related meetings nicely packed Tue-Thu.
      • [Thomas] CoRE Tue morning and Friday afternoon.
      • We did not discuss plugfest today. Xavi is working on it, will give an update next week.
      • Thomas encourages everyone to read the drafts and provide comments.
  • [08.47] Meeting ends

Draf WG meeting agenda presented during webex

6TiSCH: IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e
WG Meeting Agenda

Meeting        :   IETF 89 Thursday, November 05, 2013
Time           :   1300-1500 GMT Thursday Afternoon Session I (120min)
Location       :   Buckingham room, Hilton London Metropole, London, UK
Chairs         :   Pascal Thubert <pthubert@cisco.com>
                   Thomas Watteyne <watteyne@eecs.berkeley.edu>
Responsible AD :   Ted Lemon <ted.lemon@nominum.com>
URLs           :   http://tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/
                   https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/
                   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch
                   https://bitbucket.org/6tisch
=======================================================================

Intro and Status                            [10min]   (Chairs)

    Note-Well, Blue Sheets, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
    Quick Reminders:
    * 6TiSCH charter recap
    * 6TiSCH milestones recap

Overall Architecture and Context            [20min]

    * <draft-ietf-6tisch-terminology-01>              (Maria-Rita Palattella)
    * <draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-01>             (Pascal Thubert)

Information and Data Models                 [20min]
    * <draft-wang-6tisch-6top-interface-01>           (Xavi Vilajosana)
    * <draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer-00>            (Qin Wang)

Security                                    [20min]
    * Security discussions: summary and outlook       (Michael Richardson)

Report on plugfest                          [30min]
    * overview and goals                              (Xavi Vilajosana)
    * presentation of outcome                         <plugfest participants>

Unchartered drafts if time permits          [15min]
    * <draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-02>            (Diego Dujovne)
    * <draft-piro-6tisch-security-issues-01>          (Giuseppe Piro)

Any Other Business                          [5min]

Updated