Clone wiki

meetings / 140704_webex

Minutes Webex 04 July 2014, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Taking notes (using Etherpad)

  1. Pascal Thubert
  2. Dominique Barthel
  3. Xavi Vilajosana
  4. Thomas Watteyne

Present (alphabetically)

  1. Diego Dujovne
  2. Dominique Barthel
  3. Giuseppe Piro
  4. Guillaume Gaillard
  5. Ines Robles
  6. Maria Rita Palattella
  7. Michael Richardson
  8. Nicola Accettura
  9. Pascal Thubert
  10. Pouria Zand
  11. Raghuram Sudhaakar
  12. Rene Struik
  13. Sedat Gormus
  14. Thomas Watteyne
  15. Xavi Vilajosana

Connection details

Resources

Action Items

  • all to review agenda and suggest changes.
  • Chairs to coordinate with Qin about presentation 6top drafts at IETF90
  • Thomas to increase security discussion time to 20min (10min for sides, 10min for discussion)
  • Thomas to prepare skeleton slides for IETF90
  • Presenters to prepare slides for by Friday 7/11, upload on bitbucket or send to chairs
  • Nicola to send comment about wrong duty cycle calculation in minimal draft to ML.
  • Pouria and Raghuram to review the running OTF draft in bitbucket before publication.

Agenda

  • Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda
    • Approval minutes last call
  • IETF90 [15min]
    • important dates
    • plugfest update (Ines) [5min]
    • tentative agenda (Thomas) [5min]
    • next steps: slides [5min]
  • Overview draft changes [35min]
    • draft-wang-6tisch-coapie-00 (Qin) [5min]
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-terminology-02 (Maria Rita) [10min]
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-03 (Pascal) [5min]
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-01 (Xavi) [3min]
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-interface-01 (Qin) [3min]
    • draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer-01 (Qin) [2min]
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-coap (Raghuram,Pouria) [2min]
    • draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-03 (Diego) [5min]
    • draft-richardson-6tisch-security-architecture (Michael) [time permitting]
  • Next meetings [1min]
  • AOB [2min]

Minutes

  • [08.05] Meeting starts

    Recording starts.

  • [08.06] Administrivia
  • IETF90
    • important dates
    • plugfest update (Ines)
    • tentative agenda (Thomas)
      • [Thomas] by Monday we'll update to the IETF wiki page and will have another week to finalize

        https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/90/agenda/6tisch/

      • chartered drafts 35min
      • 15min plugfest report
      • Unchartered items at the end. CoAP IE draft, On the fly, Updated draft of security but authors won't be there.
      • security issues authors will not be there

        Action item: all to review agenda and suggest changes.

      • [Pascal] asks whether Qin will present the interface and sublayer drafts.
      • [Thomas] needs to add this drafts to the agenda.

        Action item: Chairs to coordinate with Qin about presentation 6top drafts at IETF90

      • [Pascal] 15min for security is probably too short

        Action item: Thomas to increase security discussion time to 20min (10min for sides, 10min for discussion)

    • next steps: slides
      • prepare slides

        Action item: Thomas to prepare skeleton slides for IETF90

      • [Pascal] proposes to have meeting next Friday and have the slides for then.

        Action item: Presenters to prepare slides for by Friday 7/11, upload on bitbucket or send to chairs

  • Overview draft changes
    • draft-wang-6tisch-coapie-00 (Qin) presented by Xavi
      • [Xavi] new draft we talked about at the last meeting to be merged with sublayer draft

        running version at https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/draft-wang-6tisch-6top-coapie/

      • container for 6top-to-6top communication, optionally using the block method
      • an IE (layer 2) to transport CoAP information
      • Qin will publish today
      • [Thomas] let's coordinate to publish, Qin may not be available today
      • This is a strange idea so we need to validate support by the group in Toronto.
      • Big impact on 3 drafts
      • [Michael] Will you present at CORE? Need to let the chairs know. For sure, let CoAP Chairs know that we are doing that work.
      • Allocate IE number from IEEE? This needs to be done.
      • [Thomas] We discussed about creating an IE identifier for IETF and let IETF manage sub-IEs.
      • Have an action to make it happen: coordinate with CoRE chairs, as well as with IEEE.
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-terminology-02 (Maria Rita)
      • Took into account feedback from Patrick
      • Updated references
      • definitions like cell and chunks. Clarified through emails. Should be inside the CUD matrix. That is a last minute change.
      • [Pascal] Definitions or reused cell that can receive/send needs to be defined.
      • [Thomas] do we really need dedicated terminology for that?
      • [Pascal] we should describe this particular case in the architecture.
      • [Thomas] thinks that there is no a need for an specific term but can be added to the architecture draft.
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-03 (Pascal)
      • Idea of opportunistically reuse traffic when the track is not being used.
      • Added some text to indicate the relation to deterministic forwarding
      • Work with TSVWG (Transport Area WG), work with Shitanshu Shah and David Black, need people at the meeting to support.
      • Structural changes, moved sections
      • Will submit today.
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-01 (Xavi)
      • submitted the draft last week
      • lots of discussion
      • variable slotframe size, only 1 active slots
      • network with lots of traffic -> short slotframe, and vice-versa
      • discussion about how slotframes announced in network: use IE
      • recommend use of 10ms slots, only recommendation, support different slot lengths, but node has to use the timeslot template IE to specific the timings inside the slot. default saves 24 bytes.
      • [Thomas] implementation will be presented at plugfest?
      • [Xavi] yes
      • [Nicola] duty cycle in final part of page 3, calculation wrong (1.01%, but it's 0.99%)
      • [Pascal] you can publish new version which fixes that
      • [Thomas] Nicola, could you send e-mail to ML?
      • [Nicola] will do

        Action item: Nicola to send comment about wrong duty cycle calculation in minimal draft to ML.

      • [Pascal] suggests rewording on sentence
      • [Xavi] by default, we use the 10ms timeslot. By default, we are required to send the template. Can be 1-byte if default, or full version
      • [Pascal] please word exactly like what you said
      • [Pascal] we can't MUST the 10ms, but we can recommend to clearly mark implementation that cannot support 10ms
      • [Pascal] device that cannot support the recommended value should indicate on the box, you can say "it is our expectation", but cannot use MUST.
      • [Xavi] can we add this in to the standard?
      • [Pascal] we cannot enforce anything related to fabrication, we cannot MUST, but we can say "it's our expectation that a product that does not support 10ms clearly indicates so"
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-interface-01 (Qin)
    • draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer-01 (Qin)
      • [Thomas] minor changes, couple of issues solved and clarifications. Updated reference. Housekeeping
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-coap (Raghuram,Pouria)
      • all tickets addressed. Thomas bumped the version and updated the references inside.
    • draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-03 (Diego)
      • running version on bitbucket

        https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly/

      • [Diego] lot of activity on the draft. many sections changed. Nicola on allocation methods/policies from reactive to proactive extremes.
      • Maria Rita worked on bundle reservation and deletion
      • new section on list of events that trigger the algorithm when bandwidth change is needed
      • [Diego] worked on CoAP interface. Requests review from Raghuram and Pouria.

        Action item: Pouria and Raghuram to review the running OTF draft in bitbucket before publication.

      • [Maria Rita] do we all agree on the definition?

        No issues raised on the call. Ask for consensus to the ML.

    • draft-richardson-6tisch-security-architecture (Michael)
      • posted a draft on the WirelessHART-like way we discussed. Relies on 6top. Assumes details provided by Join Computation Element (like a PCE for the join)
      • Provisioning would establish the keys, complementary work with Giuseppe Piro's work.
      • New node is announced in ARO flows
      • could save some time if IPv6 RA piggy backed in 15.4 EB.
      • use of RA in IEEE802.15.4e EB. to be discussed.
  • [09.00] Next meetings
    • next week 07-11-2014, same time
  • AOB

    No other business raised.

  • [09.05] Meeting ends

Updated