Clone wiki

meetings / 140711_webex

Minutes Webex 11 July 2014, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Taking notes (using Etherpad)

  1. Xavi Vilajosana
  2. Pascal Thubert
  3. Thomas Watteyne

Present (alphabetically)

  1. Cedric Adjih
  2. Diego Dujovne
  3. Ines Robles
  4. Kazushi Muraoka
  5. Nicola Accettura
  6. Pascal Thubert
  7. Pat Kinney
  8. Pouria Zand
  9. Qin Wang
  10. Rene Struik
  11. Thomas Watteyne
  12. Xavi Vilajosana

Connection details

Resources

Action Items

  • Thomas to upload the new agenda to the IETF website, and send notification to the ML.
  • Chairs to contact Michael Richardson to be Jabber person.
  • Thomas to remove charter recap from agenda.
  • Qin to add overview slide at beginning of CoAPIE presentation.
  • Pascal to coordinate with Ted about slipping the "Submit 6TiSCH security" doc to OPSDIR by 2-3 months

Agenda

  • Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda
    • Approval minutes last call
  • IETF90 updates [10min]
  • walk-through slides [40min]
    • <draft-ietf-6tisch-terminology-02> [5min]
    • <draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-03> [5min]
    • <draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-01> [5min]
    • <draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-interface-01> [5min]
    • <draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer-01> [5min]
    • <draft-struik-6tisch-security-architecture-elements> [5min]
    • <draft-richardson-6tisch--security-6top> [5min]
  • AOB [1min]

Minutes

  • [08.05] Meeting starts
    • Recording starts
    • [Pascal] the idea of the meeting today is to go through WG meeting presentations.
  • Administrivia
    • Approval agenda

      No issues raised. Agenda approved.

    • Approval minutes last call

      No issues raised. Minutes approved.

  • IETF90 updates
    • early-bird registration today
      • more expensive after today
      • Monday, publish the WG agenda for the meeting. Made a some changes, to be discussed later.
    • plugfest updates [Ines]
      • New participants (Nestor Tiglao) will show an open-source sniffer.
      • plugfest Wiki updated

        https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/140720a_ietf90_toronto_plugfest

      • Expecting slides from participants by next week
      • Meetecho already confirmed. We will have power strips and a projector in the room.
      • [Thomas] how will the tables be positioned?
      • [Ines] We will be able to move tables but we need to make sure that at the end of the Plugfest everything will be as it was at the beginning.
    • agenda WG meeting [Thomas]
      • announced: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/90/agenda/6tisch/
      • current: https://bytebucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/140721b_ietf90_toronto_agenda.txt
      • We can change agenda until Monday.
      • Intro reduced to 5 minutes
      • Qin will present 6top drafts
      • Security will take 20min
      • plugfest report reduced to 10min.
      • [Thomas] Ines, Xavi, does that work?
      • [Ines] will leave only 40s of presentation time per presenter.
      • [Xavi] what we can do is ask participants to line up in front on microphone, in order.
      • 1 slide per participant. Participants present from the Mike.

        Action item: Thomas to upload the new agenda to the IETF website, and send notification to the ML.

      • [Pat] The IEEE is in the process of revising the IEEE802.15.4 standard, a vote on changes will go on next week. Could go over the outcome of that vote at the 6TiSCH WG meeting, e.g. during AOB.
      • [Thomas] will this information be available before the meeting?
      • [Pat] Probably not. Will try to have information on 7/21.
      • [Thomas] In that case, maybe during AOB?
      • [Pascal] what about before unchartered draft?
      • [Thomas] Worried about what this will raise and delay other meetings.
      • [Pat] in AOB is fine.
      • [Thomas] What about ad-hoc meeting before, during the week. Lunch on Monday?
      • [Pat] sounds good.
      • [Thomas] Let's gather people during the plugfest.
  • walk-through slides
    • Pascal shared his screen to go through slides, edits on the fly.

      Action item: Thomas to remove charter recap from agenda.

    • Scribe volunteers?
      • Xavi volunteers to be scribe.
      • Pouria volunteers to be backup scribe.

        Action item: Chairs to contact Michael Richardson to be Jabber person.

    • CoAP IE draft redefines RPC interaction in YANG model which needs to be merged to the other 6top drafts

      Action item: Qin to add overview slide at beginning of CoAPIE presentation.

    • After submitting to the OPSDIR drafts can be merged. It is only a matter of verification.

      Action item: Pascal to coordinate with Ted about slipping the "Submit 6TiSCH security" doc to OPSDIR by 2-3 months

    • Pascal: would love a slide with picture with the stack
  • AOB
    • [Pascal] maybe reuse next week's webex slot for ad-hoc meeting about security.
  • [09.00] Meeting ends

Updated