Clone wiki

meetings / 150703_webex

Minutes, 03 July 2015 interim, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PST.

Connection details

Resources

Taking notes (using Etherpad)

  1. Xavi Vilajosana
  2. Pascal Thubert

Action Items

  • Chairs to call for proposals for IETF meeting to the ML.
  • Pascal to send a proposed text about the MUST in the 2ETX. WOuld propose that the MUSt is about complying with OF0's normalisation function and that 2ETX is a RECOMMENDED way to do that

Present (alphabetically)

  1. Thomas Watteyne
  2. Pascal Thubert
  3. Giuseppe Piro
  4. Guillaume Gaillard
  5. Jasper Busch
  6. Maria Rita Palattella
  7. Michael Richardson
  8. Michel Veillette
  9. Patrick Wetterwald
  10. Pieter De Mil
  11. Savio Sciancalepore
  12. S.V.R. Anand
  13. Sedat Gormus
  14. Xavi Vilajosana
  15. Zhuo Chen

Action Items

Agenda

  • Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda
    • Approval minutes last call
  • IETF93 update [5min]
    • final agenda
    • plugtest
    • hackathon
    • call for presentations
    • I-D cut-off date reminder
  • discussion/changes draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal [15min]
    • summary of discussion on bit- and byte-ordering
    • summary of discussion on termination IEs
    • routing structure and RPL OF
  • draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-interface [10min]

    • update on changes
  • AOB [1min]

Minutes

  • [07.05] Meeting starts
    • Etherpad pointer given, IPR BCP discussed
    • No more interim meeting till IETF
    • No comments on previous call minutes. Minutes approved
    • Agenda is approved.
  • [07.10] IETF93 Update

    • 17th 18th Plugtest
    • 19th Hackathon
    • 19th-24th: IETF meeting
    • 7th July cutoff date
    • agenda is final
      • Tuesday 6Tisch Meeting at 13h for 2h
    • Prague agenda
      • Zuo: Asks for a chunk to present the track use case draft.
      • Pascal to post a mail in the ML requesting slots to present.
      • Prioritize requests as there is not time for all
      • Will ask for justification why this presentation is important at this time for the WG
      • Report on Plugtest will be very central as this shows there is running code and lot of activity around 6tisch
      • minimal will have 30min
      • 6top interface is progressing, will be presented (15min). It is an important step for the group
      • Comi news will be given (10min) status and proposals from COMI
    • OTF and rechartering discussion.
    • TW: Are we missing any draft? CoapIE 01 draft.
    • To see if she wants to present it.

    => Action item. Chairs to ask for proposals to the ML.

    • justify why they want the slot. and point out what they want to discuss.
    • Terminology draft will be published on Monday before cut off date.
      • Template for the slides to be presented will be made available.
    • 6TiSCH WG meeting is Tuesday and we asked to COMI to present their work also on Tuesday in CoRe
  • draft-minimal

    • Xavi: Published v10, fixed endianess problems
    • RPL question about OF0, about 2*ETX and the associated MUST. Pascal
    • Pascal: suggest rewording, see action items
    • Xavi: suggest to remove termination IE, make it optional
    • Thomas: Plugtest call yesterday concluded to use long addresses because there is no association mechanism defined in minimal; frame version should be 2. PanID compression should be 2a, source PANID should be elided, sequence nd should be present to match the ack, and not compress the addresses in the ack
    • MCR: seems to make sense, good to have a statement to clarify this for everyone. Having a decision is more important than what the decision here.
    • Thomas: all this is really 15.4e. Where should we store those decisions?
    • Pascal: minimal is good and we do not really have another venue
    • Xavi: put it in minimal to guarantee interop
    • Thomas: agree
    • Thomas asking Guillaume about draft on dissector results
    • Guillaume: yes we'll publish a draft with outcomes of the dissector
    • Thomas: really valuable. Is there a use beyond the plugtest? Goes in minimal? I have never seen a draft with that
    • Pascal: suggest annex in minimal or an AD sponsored
    • Michael: this is ETSI outcome, not subject to IETF consensus. AD sponsored is a good idea.
    • Xavi: do you agree to remove termination IE from the examples
    • Thomas agree. Recommendation to indicate that these
    • Michael sees this document as a great idea. He proposes to get it as informational
    • Shepherd (Pascal): suggest to hold the draft till IETF. If AD sponsored does not work we'll include the dissector printouts in the draft
  • draft-interface

    • Xavi: presents security related changes in the data model
    • Thomas: why is MIC settings? On/Off 32 should suffice
    • Xavi: thought we could have a setup at bootstrap
    • Thomas: let us discuss with Qin
    • Xavi: present Yag for security level and keys
  • AOB:

    • there are different ML discussions that we need to talk in Prague.
    • OTF work
    • Questions about Bundle ordering. Incoming and outgoing with Maria Rita
    • Next Interim Aug 21st
  • [08.??] Meeting ends

Updated