Clone wiki

meetings / 161007_webex

Minutes, 07 October 2016 interim, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Connection details

Taking notes (using Etherpad)

  1. Xavier Vilajosana
  2. Pascal Thubert

Present (alphabetically)

  1. Diego Dujovne
  2. Dominique Barthel
  3. Georgios Z. Papadopoulos
  4. Geraldine Texier
  5. Malisa Vucinic
  6. Michael Richardson
  7. Nichole McNiele
  8. Pascal Thubert
  9. Pat Kinney
  10. Qin Wang
  11. S.V.R. Anand
  12. Sumankumar Panchal
  13. Tengfei Chang
  14. Thomas Watteyne
  15. Xavi Vilajosana

Action Items

  • Diego to make an initial list of SF0 issues based on Thomas' review
  • Pascal to start 2 tickets on SF0 for CELL allocation source (chunks?) and use of shared slots for flexibility
  • Thomas to move the next meeting to 10/28

Agenda

  • Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda
    • Approval minutes last call
  • IETF update [Chairs] [5min]
  • update security [Michael] [5min]
  • update 6top [Thomas] [20min]
  • Next steps for SF0 [Pascal] [30min]
    • Target: Experimental?
    • Cell allocation Scheme
  • AOB [1min]

Minutes

  • [07:05] Meeting starts
    • Thomas reminds Note Well
  • [07:10] Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda

      No issues raised. Agenda approved.

    • Approval minutes last call

      No issues raised. Minutes last call approved.

  • Administrivia [2min]
  • IETF update [Chairs] [5min]
    • Suresh informed about the reviews of the minimal draft. Soon we can expect feedback
    • LPWAN WG has been approved.
    • 6LoRH progresses quickly at the IESG. In a month from now it will be reviewed.
    • 2 6lo drafts in call for adoption. Request is to review those drafts and participate.
  • [7:22]update security [Michael] [5min]

    • good progress last week meeting. Next call is next tuesday. Expect to have an updated draft. On track.
    • minutes from 2016-09-27 to be posted today, next meeting is 2016-10-11.
    • we have determined time sequence diagram.
    • we consider if we should embed an RA somehow into an IE.
  • update 6top [Thomas] [20min]

    • different discussions during the last weeks:
      • TW proposes a methodology. Scrum based. Tickets ara handled and replies are expected in 48h
      • 5 issues
      • clear command clears both side of the transaction. SOLVED
      • Error codes. remove RC_ERROR from the draft. Add or reuse specific return codes. e.g RC_ERROR_RESET
      • Keep RC_ERROR as generic error. This will be used if there is no other error to handle the specific problem.
        • RC_RESET is used as well when a transaction is aborted. Both cases can be reduced to the same response as the transaction is aborted.
        • Meaning of RESET. Adding 2 sentences to clarify.
      • Add LinkOPtions to the 6P message.
        • Add a bitmap
        • do we add it for the set of requested cells or we add it for each of the cells.
        • TW: add the same bits for everybody. so only one LinkOPtion. The flags will be part of the payload. It will be one byte plus the celllist in the payload of ADD. This will be passed to the SF without any intervention
        • Qin: The response of the ADD command does NOT cotain the bitmap.
        • TW: TX RX with respect to the source or destination?
        • XV: it seems more obvious that they are refered as the origin of the packet. So TX w.r.t to the origin is scheduled when the bitmap field TX is marked.
        • PT: overprovisioning by default a fix number of cells it is a problem as it is not very flexible.
        • TW: we have the mechanism now with 6Top, and we should do something more simple with SF0. Ask Tengfei to present the results of a 100 mote network.
  • Next steps for SF0 [Pascal] [30min]

    • Cell allocation Scheme: where do they come from? Pascal to start a thread and a ticket
    • Several issues identified for SF.
    • Diego. We thought about the random choice of cells
    • PT: overprovisioning by default a fix number of cells it is a problem as it is not very flexible.
    • TW: we have the mechanism now with 6Top, and we should do something more simple with SF0. Ask Tengfei to present the results of a 100 mote network.
    • ACTION: Thomas to help Pascal creating the issues pointed to the ML in the following thread
      https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/6tisch/current/msg04767.html
    • Action: Diego to make an initial list of issues based on Thomas' review
  • AOB [1min]
    • SF1 draft. Should authors present it to the call?
    • Next call -> moved to 28th October. ACTION: TW to send to the IETF Secretary the proposed change of date.
    • No others issues raised.

Updated