Clone wiki

meetings / 170203_webex

## DRAFT ##

# Minutes, 03 February 2017 interim, 6TiSCH WG #

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Connection details


Taking notes (using Etherpad)


  1. Xavi Vilajosana

Present (alphabetically)


  1. Charles Perkins
  2. Esteban Municio
  3. Georgios Papadopoulos
  4. Malisa Vucinic
  5. Michael Richardson
  6. Pascal Thubert
  7. Pat Kinney
  8. Qin Wang
  9. Rashid Sangi
  10. Renzo Navas
  11. Sedat Gormus
  12. Simon Duquennoy
  13. S.V.R. Anand
  14. Tero Kivinen
  15. Tengfei Chang
  16. Thomas Watteyne
  17. Xavi Vilajosana
  18. Yasuyuki Tanaka

Action Items


  1. Xavi to clarify the behaviour of the delete cell command

Agenda


  • Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda
    • Approval minutes last call
  • Status of drafts [Chairs] [5min]
  • News from 802.15.12 [Pat] [25min]
  • Wrap up ML discussions on 6top [Thomas] [25min]
  • AOB [3min]

Minutes


  • Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda

      Agenda is approved. No issues raised.

    • Approval minutes last call

      Last call minutes approved. No issues raised.

  • Status of drafts [Chairs] [5min]
    • minimal - to address some mails in the ML asking for K2 -> K1 issue.
      • Action XV: to answer in the ML.
    • Architecture draft and Tracks text submitted to the ML by Pascal.
  • 802.15.12

    • Pat presents 15.12
    • thought to work as an LLC.
    • High complexity in configuring 15.4 so this raised the need to abstract some of the functionalities through this LLC (15.12)
    • 28 parameters to configure 15.4. We want to allow simple primitives to work with the underlying 15.4
    • From 802.3 and .11 we learn that using ethertypes or protocol discriminators are the way to go. We want to support anything on top of 15.4.
    • Also fragmentation (as supported by 6lowpan (current and new approach being worked at 6TISCH) and then 15.9 approach
    • need for management,
    • Michael Richardson: what management meens in terms of IEEE.
    • PAT: we had managed objects with snmp, now we think this is also needed and we want to provide objects to be managed
    • Michael Richardson: you refer to counters and other values that will be exposed to be consulted with protocols like snmp ...
    • PAT: yes
    • Using a multiplexor for L3 interface (PDE) supporting then different upper layers.
    • Pascal: How much of the information in the .12 part will be in the frame?
    • To be seen after some slides.
    • The MMI is the multiplexing and fragmentation interface. A new IE is introduced by 15.9 and this IE will also be used by 15.12 as well.
    • 6P and 6Lowpan will be a protocol module.
    • Pascal: we will need to define well the flow.
    • The architecture is very flexible to support 6P scheduling etc..
    • 6lowpan will use the pass throug module unless is using 6P.
    • Support for ranging and locations. Mechanisms for passive gathering of location as well as active gathering of location.
    • Devices IE capable vs non-IE capable.
    • Device discovery -> discover if the device is ULI capable or not.
    • using security mechanism as a discovery mechanism. If a highre layer protocol does not have an Identification mechanism in the first 1-2 octets we can use a well known 802.15.12 start of the datagram.
    • ULI header in the MAC payload. Using 2B for ULI and 2B for ethertype (in examples.) then follows IPHC.
    • TW: we are putting an IE between the MAC and 6lowpan. THe ULI enables us to identify what follows. What do we gain? -PAT: we gain protocol discriminator. -Tero: even if you have your own implementation and you do not want to run something else in your device, this ULI approch will enable us to discriminate if other devices are using the same protocol or are implementing different versions. This will help your devices to filter out other devices running different protocols with the same radio technology.
    • Also this puts this procotol inline with the IEEE architecture (with protocol discriminator).
  • Wrap up ML discussions on 6top [Thomas] [25min]

    • Editors worked in the draft.
    • most of the issues addressed.
    • added section about relocation
    • clarify why numcells in delete.
    • Propose to reorder sections
    • status -> count
    • missing details about IANA. Reference to Tero's drafts as well.
  • AOB [3min]
    • no AOB.

:)

Updated