Clone wiki

meetings / 180615_webex

Agenda, 15 June 2018 interim, 6TiSCH WG

Connection details

Action items

  • Thomas to proof-read draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol
  • Xavi to coordinate publication of draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol
  • Chairs to coordinate with CORE chairs about definition of CoAP option
  • Tengfei to coordinate publication of draft-chang-6tisch-msf
  • Chairs to open 2-week WGLC for draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security
  • Thomas to aswer WGLC e-mail indicating dependency on OSCORE -13
  • Chairs to coordinate with OSCORE document editors about publication of that doc
  • Xavi to coordinate publication of draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime
  • Thomas to coordinate with Carsten about moving on with those drafts
  • Chairs to call for WG adoption of draft-richardson-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon on the ML

Present

  1. Diego Dujovne
  2. Dominique Barthel
  3. Fabrice Theoleyre
  4. Georgios Papadopoulos
  5. Jonathan Munoz
  6. Lotte Steenbrink
  7. Malisa Vucinic
  8. Michael Richardson
  9. Pascal Thubert
  10. Simon Duquennoy
  11. Tengfei Chang
  12. Thomas Watteyne
  13. Xavi Vilajosana
  14. Yasuyuki Tanaka
  15. Yichao Jin

Taking notes

  1. Xavi Vilajosana (during meeting)
  2. Thomas Watteyne (after meeting, cleaning up and publishing)

Agenda

  • IETF 102 update [5min]
  • Drafts status (6P, etc) vs. charter / milestones [10min]
  • Minimal Security WGLC launch [10min]
  • Zerotouch join : changes and relation with draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher [10min]
  • Enhanced Beacon document: status and adoption discussion [10min]
  • F-Interop plugtets update [5min]

Minutes

  • [07:05] Admin
    • Last call minutes and agenda are approved.
    • Agenda for 6tisch (preliminary) to be published today.
    • Goal is to agree what is the plan for the next IETF meeting.
  • [07:05] IETF 102 update [5min]
  • Chairs remind of deadlines
  • [07:10] Drafts status (6P, etc) vs. charter / milestones [10min]
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol
      • Xavi: very close

        Action item: Thomas to proof-read draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol

      • Xavi: comments addressed

        Action item: Xavi to coordinate publication of draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol

      • Xavi: overall consistency to be rechecked and then the doc can be published

        Action item: Chairs to coordinate with CORE chairs about definition of CoAP option

    • draft-chang-6tisch-msf
      • MSF, Yatch send dome comments to the ML. Needs more clarifications
      • Simon has a first draft of the integration with ASF.
      • The plan is to have it ready by the cutoff date. Will be version 02.

        Action item: Tengfei to coordinate publication of draft-chang-6tisch-msf

    • draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security
      • Malisa, done, but some references to (unpublished) OSCORE document, which has been delayed

        Action item: Chairs to open 2-week WGLC for draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security

      • OSCORE draft 13 is not published yet but minimal security draft refers to its content.

        Action item: Thomas to aswer WGLC e-mail indicating dependency on OSCORE -13

      • The v13 of OSCORE is in the CORE's github. https://github.com/core-wg/oscoap

        Action item: Chairs to coordinate with OSCORE document editors about publication of that doc

      • MR proposes to not close the WGLC until OSCORE V13 is published.
    • draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-sfx
      • Some more comments received
      • Diego will handle them and publish a new version of the draft by July 2nd
    • draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime
      • Malisa pointed out that minimal sec redefined some CBOR format --> take into account

        Action item: Xavi to coordinate publication of draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime

    • draft-thubert-6lo-fragment-recovery
      • need to progress together with Carsten and TW.
      • was very stable, just removed some part that is now in draft-watteyne-6lo-minimal-fragment

        Action item: Thomas to coordinate with Carsten about moving on with those drafts

    • draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update
      • Passed IESG Review.
      • term backbone router has been removed. Reference are now to routing proxy
  • [07:11] Minimal Security WGLC launch [10min]
    • already done
  • [07:25] Enhanced Beacon document: status and adoption discussion [10min]
  • [07:30] Zerotouch join : changes and relation with draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher [10min]
    • rfc8366 voucher artifact already published
    • enrollment at ANIMA ended WGLC in 14th of June
    • the zerotouch document had parts that have been interesting to other WG and have been introduced in other documents.
    • Now what we have in the zerotouch is more particular to 6TiSCH.
    • Co-Author is needed for this draft.
    • the zerotouch requires the EB document
    • October Milestone still up to date; only thing holding progress back: last-calling during August is not a good idea because everyone's on vacation (and ddraft won't be ready for LC before that)
    • other drafts
    • enhanced beacon extension is needed for zerotouch

      Action item: Chairs to call for WG adoption of draft-richardson-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon on the ML

  • [07:45] F-Interop plugtests update [5min]
    • 26 and 27 june 2nd f-interop 6tisch interop event
    • Test description is already published.
    • Tengfeu: explains the testing tool. It is an online tool that can be used to verify that tests pass or fail. It works by uploading a pkap file to the tool.
    • plugtest will go as follows: one 16-channel sniffer in the middle of the room, everyone gets a unique PAN ID. run tests, upload your pcap to the server, server says if everything is correct or not
  • [07:37] AOB
    • Yatch
      • explains the problem/confusion with the retransmission algorithm in 15.4-2015 TSCH.
      • Email sent to the ML. Basically some of the text seems contradictory.
      • Also Figure 6-6 of the standard seems not correct.
    • Pascal
      • confusion about MSF/SF0/SFx, etc..
      • asks whether MSF will be the only SF in the group.
      • Conclusion: SFx will be removed and Diego will join MSF as an author.
  • [07:44] Meeting ends.

Updated