Bit2AWS Script - README
The Bit2AWS backup script (Bash) can clone and mirror all Bitbucket repositories of a specified user to a local computer or a host and creates a TAR file of each repository. Then it uploads all packed repositories to an Amazon S3 bucket.
- Install and configure GIT on the host which should run the Bit2AWS script.
- Connect the GIT installation to the Bitbucket repositories (SSH).
- Install and configure the s3cmd command line tool.
- Check that the necessary software is installed: awk, curl, date, git, jq, python-magic, s3cmd, sendmail.
- Copy the backup script bit2aws.sh to your computer.
- Make the backup script executable: chmod +x bit2aws.sh.
- Start the backup script from the command prompt: ./bit2aws.sh
- Follow the indications on the screen to check for errors.
This is a free tool and support is not included and guaranteed. Nevertheless I will try to answer all your questions if possible. So write to my email address biegel[at]gmx.ch if you have a question :-)