MySite Template - README
MySite is a static, one page, HTML5 template which can be used and customized as a personal or portfolio site. The template is made only with plain HTML/CSS/JS and some Font Awesome icons included in a small Fontello font. No jQuery, no Bootstrap, no heavy Google fonts are used. Therefore the template is small and fast to load. The used example images are from Albumarium and are licensed under CC0 - No Rights Reserved. For the sake of completeness, a Google map is embedded. But if you really want a fast and slim template, just remove this map from the code and get rid of that heavy bloat...
- index.html - Minimized template with Google map.
index_no_gmap.html - Minimized template without Google map.
index_plain.html - Full template with all comments and Google map (not minimized).
- index_plain_no_gmap.html - Full template with all comments without Google map (not minimized).
- Copy the directory mysite to your webroot directory.
- Make a copy of the file index_plain.html (or index_plain_no_gmap.html) and save it as index.html.
- Open the file index.html in your favorite text editor.
- Edit all sections of the template and insert your data.
- Customize also the social media links at the bottom of the page.
- Replace the images in the directory mysite/images with your images.
- Check the page in your browser and make modifications if necessary.
- Optional: Remove Google maps from your page if you want a fast and slim page!
This is a free template and support is not included and guaranteed. Nevertheless I will try to answer all your questions if possible. So write to my email address biegel[at]gmx.ch if you have a question :-)