MySQLBackup Script - README
The MySQLBackup script (Bash) dumps the data of the specified MySQL Databases into files, compresses them with Gzip and then sends them by email. Now the script can also mount a NAS drive/directory (CIFS) and copy the backup files to this drive/directory.
- Install the software packages sendemail, libnet-ssleay-perl and libio-socket-ssl-perl.
- You can use the command: apt-get install sendemail libnet-ssleay-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl
- Copy the backup script mysql_backup.sh to your computer.
- Make the backup script executable: chmod +x mysql_backup.sh.
- Edit the configuration part of the mysql_backup.sh script.
- Open the two firewall ports needed for file access (445) and for sending email (587).
- Be sure to NOT open the port 445 to the WAN or another untrusted network!!!!
- Start the backup script from the command prompt: ./mysql_backup.sh
- Check if the backups are created and sent by email.
This is a free tool and support is not included and guaranteed. Nevertheless I will try to answer all your questions if possible. So write to my email address biegel[at]gmx.ch if you have a question :-)