PBbackup Scripts - README
The PBbackup scripts (Bash) can be used to make backups (dumps) of MySQL databases with or without compression and backups of a specified directory (webroot). The backups can also be copied to a NAS share.
- Copy the directory pbbackup to your webhost.
- Be sure that the directory pbbackup is not inside your webroot!
- Open the three scripts in your favorite editor and customize the configuration sections.
- Make the three scripts executable (chmod +x).
- The script db_backup.sh is used to backup MySQL databases.
- The script dir_backup.sh is used to backup a specified folder.
- The script del_backup.sh is used to delete al local backups (not backups on the NAS share!).
- Test the scripts from the command line.
- Create some cronjobs to run the backups automatically.
This is a free tool and support is not included and guaranteed. Nevertheless I will try to answer all your questions if possible. So write to my email address biegel[at]gmx.ch if you have a question :-)