PBbrightness Script - README
The PBbrightness script is a small Bash file which is used to set/change the brightness of a screen in a graphical desktop environment like XFCE. In combination with the shortcut software package xbindkeys you can increase or decrease the screen brightness in 10% steps through shortcuts and set the screen brightness to a specified minimum or default value. This script was necessary because I did not find any normal possibility to change the screen brightness.
- Install the necessary package: sudo apt-get install xbindkeys
- Create a default configuration file: xbindkeys --defaults > $HOME/.xbindkeysrc
- Edit the configuration file and add some shortcuts (see script header for more info).
- Save and reload the configuration: xbindkeys -p
- Check the available shortcuts: xbindkeys -s
- Copy the whole directory pbbrightness to your computer.
- Open the script brightness.sh in your favorite text editor and customize the configuration.
- Make the script executable: chmod +x /path/to/script/pbbrightness/brightness.sh
- Use the specified keys to change the brightness of the screen.
This is a free tool and support is not included and guaranteed. Nevertheless I will try to answer all your questions if possible. So write to my email address biegel[at]gmx.ch if you have a question :-)