PBscreen Scripts - README
The PBscreen scripts are small Bash files which enable a blank screen in standby mode if the Linux OS does not enable the necessary signal output automatically for the used GUI. The script screen.sh uses the Num Lock key to enable the screen without the use of command line tools. The other scripts are used if the script screen.sh is not running and will enable the screen from the command line if you switch to a console (CTRL + ALT + F1-F6) and execute them.
- Install the necessary packages: sudo apt-get install x11-xserver-utils numlockx
- Copy the whole directory pbscreen to your computer.
- Open the script screen.sh in your favorite text editor and customize the configuration.
- Make the scripts executable: chmod +x /path/to/script/pbscreen/*.sh
- Change to the directory of the script: cd /path/to/script/pbscreen
- Run the script in the background: ./screen.sh &
- press the Num Lock key to enable the screen.
- Then you have to wait some seconds after pressing the key!
This is a free tool and support is not included and guaranteed. Nevertheless I will try to answer all your questions if possible. So write to my email address biegel[at]gmx.ch if you have a question :-)