-Coin is copyright (C) 1998-2005 by Systems In Motion (SIM).
+Copyright (c) Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies AS
-Coin is generally available under three software licenses. Unless special
-arrangements has been made with SIM, it is the Coin Free Edition that is
+Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
+modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
-1) GNU General Public License ("GPL")
+Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
+this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- SIM is a staunch supporter of Free Software. We have benefited
- greatly (and continue to do so) from using Free Software ourselves.
- To contribute back, SIM distributes Coin freely under the GPL for use
- in Free Software. Coin under the GPL is called the Coin Free Edition.
- See the file LICENSE.GPL for the full license text of the GPL.
+Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
+notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
+documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
-2) Coin Professional Edition License ("Coin PEL")
+Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its
+contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
+this software without specific prior written permission.
- The Coin PEL is a personalized developer license for using Coin for all
- non-Free Software development. The PEL gives you the right to develop
- and distribute proprietary applications with Coin3D and includes free
- technical support and upgrades.
- For information about acquiring Coin Professional Edition License,
- go to <URL:http://www.coin3d.org/Coin/prices.php>. The full license
- text can be found at <URL:http://www.coin3d.org/Coin/PEL.txt>.
-3) Coin Evaluation License ("Coin EL")
- The Coin EL is a time-limited software license for evaluation purposes,
- with rights similar to those granted by the PEL. The purpose of the
- Coin EL is to be used in an evaluation phase when deciding whether or
- not to choose the Coin PEL solution.
- Read about acquiring the Coin EL at <URL:http://www.coin3d.org/Coin/>.
-If you want to use Coin for academic projects or educational purposes,
-and neither the GPL nor the Coin PEL are appropriate for you, special
-accomodations might be made on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us
-at <firstname.lastname@example.org> for more information.
-See <URL:http://www.coin3d.org/> for additional information.
- email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
+THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
+"AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
+LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
+A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
+HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
+SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
+LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
+DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
+THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
+(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
+OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.