* Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Erin Catto http://www.box2d.org
* This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
* warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
* arising from the use of this software.
* Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
* including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
* freely, subject to the following restrictions:
* 1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
* claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
* in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
* appreciated but is not required.
* 2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
* misrepresented as being the original software.
* 3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
const float32 b2_minPulleyLength = 2.0f;
/// Pulley joint definition. This requires two ground anchors,
/// two dynamic body anchor points, and a pulley ratio.
struct b2PulleyJointDef : public b2JointDef
type = e_pulleyJoint;
lengthA = 0.0f;
lengthB = 0.0f;
ratio = 1.0f;
collideConnected = true;
/// Initialize the bodies, anchors, lengths, max lengths, and ratio using the world anchors.
void Initialize(b2Body* bodyA, b2Body* bodyB,
const b2Vec2& groundAnchorA, const b2Vec2& groundAnchorB,
const b2Vec2& anchorA, const b2Vec2& anchorB,
/// The first ground anchor in world coordinates. This point never moves.
/// The second ground anchor in world coordinates. This point never moves.
/// The local anchor point relative to bodyA's origin.
/// The local anchor point relative to bodyB's origin.
/// The a reference length for the segment attached to bodyA.
/// The a reference length for the segment attached to bodyB.
/// The pulley ratio, used to simulate a block-and-tackle.
/// The pulley joint is connected to two bodies and two fixed ground points.
/// The pulley supports a ratio such that:
/// length1 + ratio * length2 <= constant
/// Yes, the force transmitted is scaled by the ratio.
/// Warning: the pulley joint can get a bit squirrelly by itself. They often
/// work better when combined with prismatic joints. You should also cover the
/// the anchor points with static shapes to prevent one side from going to
/// zero length.
class b2PulleyJoint : public b2Joint
b2Vec2 GetAnchorA() const;
b2Vec2 GetAnchorB() const;
b2Vec2 GetReactionForce(float32 inv_dt) const;
float32 GetReactionTorque(float32 inv_dt) const;
/// Get the first ground anchor.
b2Vec2 GetGroundAnchorA() const;
/// Get the second ground anchor.
b2Vec2 GetGroundAnchorB() const;
/// Get the current length of the segment attached to bodyA.
float32 GetLengthA() const;
/// Get the current length of the segment attached to bodyB.
float32 GetLengthB() const;
/// Get the pulley ratio.
float32 GetRatio() const;
/// Dump joint to dmLog
friend class b2Joint;
b2PulleyJoint(const b2PulleyJointDef* data);
void InitVelocityConstraints(const b2SolverData& data);
void SolveVelocityConstraints(const b2SolverData& data);
bool SolvePositionConstraints(const b2SolverData& data);
// Solver shared
// Solver temp