Basic instructions to be fleshed-out at a later date
1. Download all issues from the Bitbucket issue tracker
Example Command: curl --user firstname.lastname@example.org:$PASSWORD "https://api.bitbucket.org/1.0/repositories/Enharmonic/bitbucket-to-jira-issue-conversion/issues?limit=50" > issues.json
if you have more than 50 issues, you'll have to make multiple requests.
- Docs: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/issues+Resource https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/issues+Resource#issuesResource-GETalistofissuesinarepository'stracker
2. Replace any non-ASCII characters in the JSON
- Typically smart quotes.
- I think it's a problem with the memory-mapped files in python that causes UTF-8 not to work.
3. Run the python script to make a csv of the issues
- Command: hgBukkitToJIRACSV.py -i ./issues.json -o ./issues.csv
4. import the issues.csv into JIRA
- See images in the docs directory for some screenshots