Adobe CS 5.5 Master Collection Installer hack for case sensitive file systems
adobe_case_sensitive_volumes is a function call hijacking library that forces volumes to look like they are case insensitive.
The Adobe CS 5.5 programs will not install onto a case senstive file system, not onto a system with a case sensitive root filesystem. This project provides a work around for the problem.
- Make sure you have Xcode 4 installed
- get the code:
hg clone ssh://email@example.com/lokkju/adobe_case_sensitive_volumes
- go into the directory:
- make the library:
- create a 20GB sparsebundle using Disk Utility, making sure it has a case-insensitive file system, and mount it.
- create a folder called "Adobe" in your mounted sparsebundle
- create a folder called "/Applications/Adobe"
- run the hack (you may have to modify the Makefile to point to the right installer path):
sudo make run
- When you get to the point it asks you to choose an installation directory, choose "/Applications/Adobe"
- Delete "/Applications/Adobe", and a create a symlink from "<your sparsebundle>/Adobe" to "/Applications/Adobe"
- Now continue your installation as normal
- Make sure that your sparsebundle is mounted when you want to use Adobe, and just go into /Application/Adobe, and choose what to run.
At some point maybe I'll streamline this... but it works like a dream for now.