This is gelfload, a portable runtime ELF loader. It lets you use ELF on
platforms that don't natively support ELF!
Some special properties of gelfload:
* To integrate gelfload well into platforms that /do/ support ELF, gelfload
ELF files should have their interpreter set to /usr/bin/gelfload-ld
* gelfload ELF files may refer to gelfload .so files by their standard name,
or they may use symbolic names to refer to host libraries:
* libhost_<name> refers to the library <name> on the host, e.g.
libhost_libc.so.6 or libhost_msvcrt.dll
* libhost_.so refers to:
* if possible, all libraries loaded by gelfload in the host, including
certainly at least libc
* otherwise, libc or the nearest equivalent, e.g. msvcrt.dll
* libloader_dl.0 refers to the loader's builtin library providing dlopen()
gelfload is still in development, and doesn't yet support all ELF relocations.
Some tests are in test/. They're tested primarily on GNU/Linux, however the
test named testdl uses only standard libc functions and should work on any host
system (including e.g. Mac OS X).