For up-to-date stats and making modifications, refer to
data/config/exerelin/mining_config.json or consult the ingame help menu when mining.
A helpful guide by King Alfonzo is available here
- Asteroids and uninhabited planets/moons can be mined
- Surveying a planet finds mineable resources
- Sometimes accidents can damage a random ship or cause it to lose CR, kill crew, or lose machinery
- Sometimes mining uncovers a hidden cache with various goodies
Mining-capable weapons and ships
- The total strength of all mining weapons (including built-ins) and ships installed in the fleet is summed to get the mining strength. For fighter wings, the strength of each individual member is counted.
- Mining strength is modified by CR, x(0 to 100)/60
- Mining at full capacity requires strength/2 heavy machinery
- Machinery multiplier scales linearly from 50% with zero machinery to 100% at max machinery