Django Twitter Backend
Django Twitter Backend is a Django app that provides a Django authentication backend to allow users of your site to authenticate against Twitter's OAuth API. Much of the code in this app comes from http://agileweb.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/step-by-step-guide-to-use-sign-in-with-twitter-with-django/
The following libraries are required, a requirements.txt file is included and can be installed via pip:
$ pip install -r requirements.txt
- Install django-twitter-backend on your PYTHONPATH.
- Add twitterauth to your INSTALLED_APPS in settings.py.
- Add your Twitter API credentials to your settings.py in CONSUMER_KEY and CONSUMER_SECRET
- Add twitterauth.backend.twitteroauth.TwitterBackend to AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS in your settings.py
- Set AUTH_PROFILE_MODULE to twitterauth.TwitterProfile in your settings.py
- Connect some URLs to the provided views in your urls.py (twitter_signin and twitter_return)