Code::Stats Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6) Add-in
Luke Gerhardt @ 2019 Total Digital Consulting, LLC
- Download the installer from the release folder.
- Run the installer and follow the prompts to install the Code::Stats VB6 Add-in.
- Open the Visual Basic 6 IDE.1 You will be prompted for your Code::Stats machine key.
- Start coding!
- It is not necessary to download or use the source code at all, if all you are interested in is the actual add-in.
- Coding XP is counted until it reaches 32 or higher. At that time the total amount is sent to the Code::Stats API. Remaining XP which has not yet reached that threshold will be sent upon exiting the IDE.
Operating System Support2
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows XP - NOT SUPPORTED AT THIS TIME3
You can report issues in a few ways (in descending order of effectiveness):
- Use the built-in issue tracker here on Bitbucket
- Use the contact form on my website
- Send me a direct message on Twitter
Windows, Visual Basic, Visual Basic 6.0, VB6, et al are copyrighted by Microsoft Corp.
If you experience any issues such as the add-in not repeatedly prompting for your machine key, please run the IDE once as administrator, so that it will have permissions to save this data. ↩
Windows XP seems to have an issue connecting via HTTPS to the Code::Stats server. As such, it catastrophically fails to send the XP update data. Since it is trivial now to install the VB6 IDE on a modern OS, I will not support Windows XP unless there is a demand for it. ↩