Purpose of this wiki is to show very simply how to use as3awsSDK library. Currently as3awsSDK library supports only Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS).
Amazon SQS developer guide: Amazon Simple Queue Service Developer Guide
Amazon SQS API reference: Amazon Simple Queue Service API Reference
as3awsSDK development environment
- Flex SDK 4.5.0 Hero is recommended as compiler Flex SDK Hero download
- as3awsSDK repository is a Flash Builder 4 Flex library project template. So, if you want to edit source code I would recommend to set Flash Builder 4 and import as3awsSDK as existing project. Library is automatically generated on every code change and placed into "bin" directory.
as3awsSDK short overview
- as3awsSDK library uses RFC 2104-compliant HMAC and SHA256 as hash algorithm (signatureVersion=2)
- HTTPS is used as default protocol, but it is also possible to used plain HTTP.
- Parameter Expires is supported since API version 1.1
- Custom HTTP(s) user agent can be set since API version 1.1 (only for Adobe AIR Runtime)
- IAM support added to SQS service (since API version 1.4.0)
- CloudWatch service added (since API version 1.4.0)
- signatureVersion=1 is not supported because it is deprecated on Amazon AWS.
as3awsSDK latest version
Version 1.4.0, since September 08, 2011
as3awsSDK SQS supported actions
- Actions for Queues
- Actions for Access Control on Queues
- Actions for Messages
Description HowTo to use actions is described in API doc which is included in as3awsSDK.zip (see Downloads tab). See "com.amazonaws.services.sqs.AmazonSQSClient" API (example for each action is provided)
as3awsSDK CloudWatch supported actions
Description HowTo to use actions is described in API doc which is included in as3awsSDK.zip (see Downloads tab). See "com.amazonaws.services.cloudwatch.AmazonCloudWatchClient" API (example for each action is provided)
quote: "We use the SQS queue for sending progress events from flash, and monitoring events."