The Recon-ng Framework
Recon-ng is regarded as one of the top tools for open source reconnaissance and is featured in the following resources:
- Hey! What'd'ya know. Recon-ng has been written about.
- Yeah... I stopped maintaining this when it got out of hand. Just Google it.
- [2015-05-13] Recon-ng Update (v4.6.0)
- [2014-06-17] Department of Homeland Security - Weekly Analytics Synopsis Product (WASP)
- [2014-05-19] Tech Insight: Free Tools For Offensive Security
- [2014-05-16] Recon-ng Update (v4.0.0)
- [2014-01-20] Recon-ng Update (v3.3.3)
- [2014-01-16] 2013 Toolsmith Tool of the Year: Recon-ng
- [2013-12-19] ToolsWatch: 2013 Top Security Tools
- [2013-11-13] Recon-ng Update (v3.0.3)
- [2013-11-04] Look Ma, No Exploits! - The Recon-ng Framework - Upstate SC ISSA 2013
- [2013-09-28] Look Ma, No Exploits! - The Recon-ng Framework - DerbyCon 2013
- [2013-09-21] Look Ma, No Exploits! - The Recon-ng Framework - BSides Augusta 2013
- [2013-05-03] Toolsmith: Recon-ng
- [2013-01-23] The Recon-ng Framework - Official Release
- [2012-10-23] Next Generation Reconnaissance - DerbyCon 2012
- [2012-10-19] Next Generation Reconnaissance - Hack3rCon 2012
A special thanks to my good friend Ethan Robish (@EthanRobish) who has been a technical advisor for this project since its inception. Without Ethan, Recon-ng simply would not be the tool that it is today. Thanks Ethan. For other credits, please see the various commits marked with
(@<contributor>), and module meta data. Thank you to all who have contributed. Recon-ng is truly a community project.