Orchard Distributed Events Readme
Orchard module which broadcasts events in a multi-server environment.
- Generic services for event propagation in a server farm
- Shell change propagation (e.g. shell settings, state of enabled features/modules)
- Signal propagation (i.e. CacheManager changes are replicated)
- Polling implementation for generic, reliable event propagation (that, however, can be swapped out with an implementation optimal for a specific environment)
Distributed Events is part of the Lombiq Hosting Suite, a suite of modules making Orchard scale better, be more robust, and have improved maintainability.
The module depends on Helpful Libraries (the latest version, from the Orchard 1.8 branch), so install that first!
This module adds services to make Orchard better compatible with a multi-server setup: in the core it's a mechanism to fire events that will be also raised on other server nodes. Distributed Events is part of the Lombiq Hosting Suite that makes Orchard fully compatible with multi-node setups and adds many other features to make Orchard better scalable and maintainable. Distributed Events also runs under DotNest, the Orchard SaaS.
Warning! The module is only compatible with Orchard 1.8!
The module's source is available in two public source repositories, automatically mirrored in both directions with Git-hg Mirror:
- https://bitbucket.org/Lombiq/orchard-distributed-events (Mercurial repository)
- https://github.com/Lombiq/Orchard-Distributed-Events (Git repository)
Bug reports, feature requests and comments are warmly welcome, please do so via GitHub. Feel free to send pull requests too, no matter which source repository you choose for this purpose.
This project is developed by Lombiq Technologies Ltd. Commercial-grade support is available through Lombiq.