What is ddbmock not useful for ?
Do not use it in production or as a cheap DynamoDB replacement. I'll never stress it enough.
All the focus was on simplicity/hackability and simulation quality. Nothing else.
What is ddbmock useful for ?
- FAST and RELIABLE unit testing
- FAST and RELIABLE functional testing
- experiment with DynamoDB API.
- RELIABLE throughput planification
- RELIABLE disk space planification
- almost any DynamoDB simulation !
ddbmock can also persist your data in SQLITE. This open another vast range of possibilities :)
- v1.0.0 (*): full documentation and bugfixes
- v0.4.1: schema persistence + thread safety, bugfixes
- v0.4.0: sqlite backend + throughput statistics + refactoring, more documentation, more tests
- v0.3.2: batchWriteItem support + pass boto integration tests
- v0.3.1: accuracy in item/table sizes + full test coverage
- v0.3.0: first public release. Full table lifecycle + most items operations
(?) indicates a future release. These are only ideas or "nice to have".
Want to contribute, report a but of request a feature ? The development goes on BitBucket:
- Download: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ddbmock
- Report bugs: https://bitbucket.org/Ludia/dynamodb-mock/issues
- Fork the code: https://bitbucket.org/Ludia/dynamodb-mock/overview