FrameLog: A free logging library for Entity Framework
FrameLog can log every change made to every model property in your EntityFramework model. It logs the new value, who made the change, and when it happened. You can query the low-level logging tables directly, or you can use the provided HistoryExplorer to examine the logs in a high-level, strongly-typed manner.
FrameLog supports Entity Framework 6. For support for earlier versions of Entity Framework you can use the legacy 1.2.0 release, but you are recommended to upgrade your software to EF 6.
A guide to getting started with FrameLog
- Reference the FrameLog assembly (or compile from source)
- Add the required logging tables to your database model
- Update your ObjectContext/DbContext to log changes
There is a demonstration implementation in the repository. See FrameLog.Example and FrameLog.Example.Demo. See Running the demo.
- 1.5.X -> 2.0.0 Upgrade guide
- How to retrieve changes
- The log format
- Understanding object references
- Controlling which classes and properties are logged (and see also writing your own filter)
- Transaction options