; -*- mode: org -*-
This directory contains the source code and build scripts of
SchemingMind Tuning Firefox extension. See
http://mekk.waw.pl/mk/smtuning/index for general information about it.
Notes below are only to developer's interest.
* Source code
Is hosted on BitBucket
Note: images and scripts building them are not (yet) published, I am to work on this
in some foreseeable future.
* Configuring Firefox to use development version
** General introduction
- setup devel profile,
- use it by sth like
firefox --no-remote -P dev --purgecaches
and consider setting all the preferences listed on the aforementioned page
plus installing some devel extensions.
** SMTuning setup
Create text file (patching name of Firefox Profile directory appropriately):
(name firstname.lastname@example.org must match id from install.rdf)
This file should contain single line like:
(obligatory final slash!)
* Building new version after changes
- commit changes
- run perl ./build_extension.pl (with -patch, -minor or -major param depending on changes)
(it patches version number in install.rdf, options.xul, about.xul etc,
commits those changes, tags, builds .xpi, calculates control sum and stores it in update.rdf)
- run McCoy and sign update.rdf with smtuning key
- run perl ./install_extension.pl to publish .xpi
- update webpage (change current number, add changelog entry, consider updating features description)
- send announcement to forum
* McCoy problems
** Couldn't load XPCOM
Usually means some library is missing. To check:
ldd components/*.so | grep -i 'not found'