A simple and minimal application to log the names and values of the instance variables of session objects. When faced with the need to fully log an object instance at a given time during the execution of an application, the application will create and return a XML output reflecting the contents of the object in question.
- Project name updated from "ObjectSniffer" to "Sniffer"
- The project is now managed with Maven for dependency management and automated build purposes
- New package (com.mulberrybeacon.sniffer) for the source code
- Project name updated from the original code name (BatLogger) to its final name (ObjectSniffer)
- Revised code indentation and formatting (maximum column size set to 100 characters)
- New package (com.mulberrybeacon.logging) for the source code
- Initial version
Version 0.1.2 will have the following features:
- Implementation of a standalone version of the Primitives class in the Guava libraries. Since this is the only class used from the Guava package, its usage as an external library for the sake of a single method invokation could be deemed overkill
- To complement the current XML output, a tree representation of the contents of the object instance will be returned. Each node will hold a variable's name and value
- When an object defines other custom objects or storage structures (lists, arrays, etc.) as instance variables, the application will recursively go through those objects and include their contents in the final XML output
(The MIT License)
Copyright © 2012 Eduardo Ferreira
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.