MoinMoin requires Python >= 2.6 and < 3.0. We usually test using CPython and this is what we recommend.
You can also try PyPy: PyPy >= 1.6 seems to work with moin.
For moin, you can use any server compatible with WSGI:
- the builtin "moin" server is recommended for desktop wikis, testing, debugging, development, adhoc-wikis, etc.
- apache with mod_wsgi is recommended for bigger/busier wikis.
- other WSGI-compatible servers or middlewares are usable
- For cgi, fastcgi, scgi, ajp, etc., you can use the "flup" middleware: http://trac.saddi.com/flup
- IIS with ISAPI-WSGI gateway is also compatible: http://code.google.com/p/isapi-wsgi/
For dependency information, please see setup.py.
If you use easy_install or pip or our quickinstall script, then dependencies are usually automatically dealt with.
On the client side, you need:
- a decent web browser that supports W3C standards HTML 5 and CSS 2.1 as well
- any current version of Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer (IE9 or IE10) should work.
- usage of older Internet Explorer versions is not recommended and not supported because they are known for causing issues. For Windows 7 (or 8) Microsoft provides IE9 or IE10.
- Java browser plugin (optional, needed if you want to use TWikiDraw or AnyWikiDraw drawing applets).