pytest-couchdbkit is a simple pytest extension that manages test databases for your couchdbkit using apps.
In order to use it, you only need to set the ini option couchdbkit_suffix to something fitting your app. Additionally you may use couchdbkit_backend to select the gevent/eventlet backends.
To setup couchapps before running the tests, there is the pytest_couchdbkit_push_app(server, dbname) hook
It can be used to create a pristine database, which is replicated into each test database.
The provided funcarg couchdb will be a freshly flushed database named pytest_ + couchdbkit_suffix, additionally, after each test item, the database will be dumped to tmpdir.join(couchdb.dump)
which is a simple file having entries in the format:
number(\d+) + "\r\n" + number bytes + "\r\n"
- the db info
- raw attachment data following the document
Attachments are ordered by name, so they can be reassigned to their metadata on loading.
The dump format is meant to be human-readable.
- fs fixtures (like couchapp)
- code fixtures
- dump fixtures
- comaring a db to sets of defined fixtures
from 0.3 to 0.4
- add pytest_couchdbkit_push_app hook
from 0.2 to 0.3
- switch dump format to chunked encoding
- pretty json in dumps
- attachments in dumps
- utility functions for loading dumps back to a database
from 0.1 to 0.2
- use json-lines as extension for the dump
- condense json to one line per document for humanly acceptable parsinig
- fail if no couchdbkit_prefix is set
- initial stuff