- IntelliJ IDEA Version: 2018.3.1 (Ultimate Edition)
- IntelliJ IDEA Build: UI-183.4588.61
- Illuminated Cloud Version: 184.108.40.206
- OS: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, Build 17134.407
- Problem Since: At least 1.5 years ago.
Steps to Reproduce
- File > New... > Project
- Select Empty Project
- Select project location and Finish.
- If Project Structure dialog does not open automatically, go to File > Project Structure.
- Click Modules on the left panel. Middle panel should be empty. Click + at the top of the middle panel.
- Choose New Module and select Illuminated Cloud in the leftmost column.
- Configure the remainder of the Illuminated Cloud module, selecting a valid Sandbox org connection and some Metadata components. Continue until the UI returns to the Project Structure dialog.
- Select the Modules panel if it is not already selected.
|Middle panel displays an Illuminated Cloud module.||Middle panel either says Nothing to show or displays a twisty hierarchy where the module and its facet would be, but with no text or icons.|
|Clicking Apply causes the Apply button to be grayed out.||Clicking Apply has no effect.|
|Clicking OK causes the dialog to close.||Clicking OK has no effect.|
At this point, the Project Structure dialog can be closed by clicking Cancel or clicking the X in its upper-right corner. After this, re-opening the Project Structure dialog (File > Project Structure...) yields the same unexpected behavior as above, although additional modules can still be added.
The Project Structure dialog does not return to normal until IntelliJ is re-started. For projects initially created as Empty Projects, the issue re-emerges every time an Illuminated Cloud module is added to the project.