Only one CustomLabels file is scanned

Issue #1668 resolved
Jaap Branderhorst created an issue

When you have multiple CustomLabels files in your source tree, only one of them gets scanned and indexed. Custom Labels that reside in the other files are not taken into account.

Comments (10)

  1. Scott Wells repo owner

    Jaap, I'm not seeing the described behavior. I have a project with multiple custom labels files and code completion is presenting labels from all files:

    Issue_1668.png

    Can you explain how your custom labels files are organized in your project, and specifically where they reside relative to project source roots? I'm wondering if perhaps you just don't have the source roots configured properly.

  2. Scott Wells repo owner

    Resolving due to inability to reproduce and lack of response from the OP. Jaap, if you're still seeing this, feel free to reopen with the requested diagnostic information included so I can try to reproduce it again.

  3. Jaap Branderhorst reporter

    Hi @Scott Wells , unfortunately it is not solved. I have a large project where we face exactly the same issues. Can you please contact me so we can discuss it offline? I cannot share the code publicly since this is code for a customer where we have strict security requirements.

  4. Scott Wells repo owner

    Hi, Jaap. Unfortunately I'm still unable to reproduce this. I just tried again and here's the result:

    Issue_1668_20201221.png

    Could you possibly put together a very simple project with 2+ custom labels files that reproduces this and could be shared so that I could see the reproduction? That's going to be the fastest way to get to the bottom of this.

  5. Jaap Branderhorst reporter

    Hi Scott, I haven’t been able to reproduce this in other projects. I think the best way forward is that I add you to our project Github. But that means we have to discuss a NDA as you can understand. Can you please contact me by mail or PM to discuss?

  6. Scott Wells repo owner

    Jaap, in general I prefer not to gain access to customer source/metadata to avoid potential liability issues. Let's start with a few key questions that may lead to an answer. First, can you provide a high-level explanation of how these custom labels files are arranged in the project directory structure and how the project is configured from a source root perspective. Given the other issue you've reported--if this is the same project--I strongly suspect a source root configuration issue is behind all of this.

  7. Jaap Branderhorst reporter

    Hi @Scott Wells , apparently refreshing the caches of the project and the indexes helped. The label problems have gone.

  8. Scott Wells repo owner

    Ah, okay. So there is one cache around custom labels that I know wasn't expiring properly. I have proper management of that on my TODO list, at this point for just after the new year. I'll keep this open as the issue against which to track that work.

  9. Scott Wells repo owner

    Jaap, I think I just inadvertently bumped into the underlying issue here. I've implemented a fix for it for inclusion in the next build (targeting Monday morning).

  10. Log in to comment