My license just expired. I purchased a new one. This was my experience updating my license key.
- License expired a day or two ago. I received no notification, but I did automatically get a grace period of a few days, so I didn’t know. Fortunately I had a reminder on my calendar, so I checked it. FIRST REQUEST: Notify of upcoming license expiration.
- Purchases a new license through the illuminatedcloud.com website, via Fastspring. Got my receipt and license key right away; this was great.
- Ready to enter the new license, in IntelliJ I chose Tools → Illuminated Cloud → Configure Application.
- Although my old license had expired, I was still in the grace period. The purchase license and enter license buttons were disabled. My only choice was to deactivate the current license.
- At this point, the system force- reloaded all open Illuminated Cloud projects in order to disabled the IC features.
- I was able to select Enter License, and paste in my new code.
- Once again, the system force- reloaded all open Illuminated Cloud projects, in order to re-enable the IC features.
And now I’m up and running. But steps 5 & 7 weren’t really needed. SECOND REQUEST: Could you enable the ‘Enter License’ option always, or maybe when the current license is near/past expiration? Would have prefered to just swap without reloading my open projects. Not a big deal (and only once a year), but still a minor annoyance.
ps - thanks for another great year! Can’t imagine working without Illuminated Cloud.