Refreshing code from salesforce doesn't work

Issue #44 resolved
Matej Pinter created an issue

Today I got into another breaking bug.

I was working on a project and when I went to lunch my coworker fixed some things on some pages and controller. When I returned I launched retrieval of metadata again from salesforce. Plugin correctly shown a dialog of diff, but there were no chances my coworker has done, but instead some local changes from before. I know this, because I double checked code from salesforce org and I'm 100% sure that there were no code from my coworker there in diff.

This is still on 1.0.3.

Comments (6)

  1. Scott Wells repo owner

    Matej, please take a look at 1.0.4 and see if this problem isn't resolved. IDEA uses a caching virtual file system and sometimes you have to give it an explicit push to refresh its cached file system proxies to recognize external changes such as when I retrieve and unpack the metadata archive. This is exactly what I did as one of the fixes in 1.0.4. I'll leave this issue open while you verify one way or the other. Please let me know your findings.

  2. Scott Wells repo owner

    Hi, Matej. Did a more recent version of the plugin resolve this issue for you? If not, please let me know what's happening and I'll take another look!

  3. Matej Pinter reporter

    I was just saying this is fixed, but today I reopened project from yesterday and tried it to refresh from SF, but I again got errors when retrieving metadata, so 1.0.5b still produces some errors.

  4. Scott Wells repo owner

    Thanks for the info, Matej. I've just implemented what I hope to be a final fix for this and am building a new version of the plugin now.

  5. Scott Wells repo owner

    Matej, I'm going to resolve this issue and #45 against 1.0.6 which was just uploaded. Please feel free to reopen if you find the issue is still happening in that version and higher.

  6. Log in to comment