Pylons based replacement for hgwebdir
Fully customizable, with authentication, permissions. Based on vcs library.
- has it's own middleware to handle mercurial protocol request each request can be logged and authenticated + threaded performance unlikely to hgweb
- full permissions per project read/write/admin access even on mercurial request
- mako templates let's you cusmotize look and feel of application.
- diffs annotations and source code all colored by pygments.
- mercurial branch graph and yui-flot powered graphs with zooming
- admin interface for performing user/permission managments as well as repository managment.
- full text search of source codes with indexing daemons using whoosh (no external search servers required all in one application)
- async tasks for speed and performance using celery (works without them too)
- Additional settings for mercurial web, (hooks editable from admin panel !) also manage paths, archive, remote messages
- backup scripts can do backup of whole app and send it over scp to desired location
- setup project descriptions and info inside built in db for easy, non file-system operations
- added cache with invalidation on push/repo managment for high performance and always upto date data.
- rss / atom feeds, gravatar support
- based on pylons 1.0 / sqlalchemy 0.6
- code review based on hg-review (when it's stable)
- git support (when vcs can handle it - almost there !)
- commit based wikis
- in server forks
- clonning from remote repositories into hg-app
- other cools stuff that i can figure out (or You can help me figure out)
This software is still in beta mode. I don't guarantee that it'll work correctly.
I recomend to install tip version of vcs while the app is in beta mode.
- create new virtualenv and activate it - highly recommend that you use separate virtual-env for whole application
- download hg app from default branch from bitbucket and run 'python setup.py install' this will install all required dependencies needed
- run paster setup-app production.ini it should create all needed tables and an admin account make sure You specify correct path to repositories.
- remember that the given path for mercurial repositories must be write accessible for the application
- run paster serve development.ini - or you can use manage-hg_app script. the app should be available at the 127.0.0.1:5000
- use admin account you created to login.
- default permissions on each repository is read, and owner is admin. So remember to update these.
- in order to use full power of async tasks, You must install message broker preferrably rabbitmq and start celeryd daemon. The app should gain some speed than. For installation instructions You can visit: http://ask.github.com/celery/getting-started/index.html. All needed configs are inside hg-app ie. celeryconfig.py