by Stephen Carlyle-Smith (https://twitter.com/stephencsmith)
Keyboard 1 - Arrow keys and Ctrl Keyboard 2 - W, A, S, D and Space Gamepads - Left joystick and X to jump
Press fire to join the game! This game can handle as many players as you have control methods for.
- Normal - Players get points for being the first to get to the end of the level.
- Race to the Death - The camera view follows the right-most player. Any players that are caught by the * edge of the screen are elimiated. The last player standing is the winner.
- Testing - Maps that are still being developed or too rubbish to be used.
You can easily create your own maps. Take a look in the maps directory for examples. The maps need to be saved in CSV format, but there are plenty of examples created using Open Office which can then be saved as a CSV. Any csv files found in the relevant "maps" directory will be selectable. Please email my any good maps you create for inclusion in the next release!
- Easy to create custom maps using any spreadsheet
- Any number of players, using keyboard or gamepads
- Fast & smooth graphics
- Runs on any PC regardless of graphics card
- Source code "just works"
All assets and code are licenced under MIT. Source code is available from https://bitbucket.org/SteveSmith16384/multiplayerplatformer
Gamepad Code thanks to Marcel Schoen (https://github.com/marcelschoen/gamepad4j) Music: https://opengameart.org/content/nes-shooter-music-5-tracks-3-jingles
Thanks for playing!