This is a Pretty Decent console-mode Tetris clone.
- Multiple color schemes, including "standard", MS-DOS Tetris, and NES-style (changes on each level)
- Roughly NES-like scoring and difficulty escalation
- Drop shadow to see where the falling piece will land
- Sound effects
- High scores [see below]
First, you'll need
libao, as well as a C compiler that
supports the C99 standard (clang or gcc will work suitably). Once you have the
prerequisites, just run
make and copy the resulting
tetris executable into
your location of choice, and run that file whenever you would like to relax
with a delightful game of piece-fitting.
|Hard (instant) drop||
|Change color scheme||
|Toggle piece preview||
Only the top high score is currently shown, but your ten best scores are saved
~/.tetris if you'd like to see them.
Authors and copyright
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.