Esoteric IDE is an interpreter and debugger for some esoteric programming languages (or esolangs).
- Allows you to run code in any supported esolang
- Allows you to set breakpoints
- Allows you to debug through code step by step
- Displays the execution state (program state) at every step (kinda like a watch window)
- In some esolangs, displays information about the instruction the cursor is on
In chronological order of implementation in Esoteric IDE:
- Sclipting — Similar to GolfScript but using Chinese characters.
- Ziim — 2D language using only arrows (← ↑ → ↓ etc.).
- Brainfuck — The classic. Supports many different flavours, e.g. cells can be byte-size or arbitrary-size; output can be as numbers or as Unicode characters.
- Quipu — Inspired by the ancient Inca’s quipu system of recording information as knots in a thread, thus also known as talking knots.
Most wanted implementations
There are incomplete implementations for these included in the source. However, the C# project (the
csproj file) does not include them, so the IDE doesn’t list them. You will have to include the files in the Esoteric IDE project and recompile it.