This repository contains the old, open-source version of Xee. It is no longer under development, but is provided here for historical and archival reasons. If you think you can find any value in it, you are free to use it, but development has moved on an entirely re-written version.
Xee 3 lives at https://bitbucket.org/WAHa_06x36/xee, but is unfortunately not open sourced at the time being.
Old README follows.
Xee is a lightweight, fast and convenient image viewer and browser. It is designed to be a serious tool for image viewing and management, with a sleek and powerful interface.
Xee is useful as a more powerful replacement for Preview, or most any other image viewer available on Mac OS X. It is very fast, and uses less memory than most other image viewing tools. It also uses OpenGL to display and scroll images much more smoothly than other viewers. Its interface is highly streamlined and has easily configurable keyboard shortcuts.
- Display a large number of image formats - any format QuickTime or Preview can open, plus several more, including PCX, Maya IFF and Amiga IFF-ILBM.
- Easy browse through folders of images - open any file in a folder and use the toolbar, keyboard shortcuts or mouse wheel to view the other images in the same folder.
- Browse image inside archives, if The Unarchiver is installed. It can read almost every format The Unarchiver can, which include Zip, Rar, 7-Zip, Lzh and StuffIt. It also supports the CBZ and CBR formats, which are just renamed Zip and Rar files, respectively.
- Losslessy rotate and crop JPEG images. This lets you edit your digital photographs without losing quality by re-compressing them like most other editors do.
- Effortlessly copy, move, rename and delete of images while viewing.
- View more EXIF data for JPEG files than Preview.
- View images in full-screen.
This code is released into the public domain with no warranties. If that is not suitable, it is also available under the CC0 license.