WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT
Boardless was started as a service where each user would be able to create his own rules for tabletop roleplaying games and play them with friends. Today it's somehow in beta-version and needs more people to move on. A lot of features have not been implemented yet: game cards, voice and video chats, characters' perks etc.
So now boardless is open and waiting for new collaborators to improve it.
Short-list of implemented features
- Skills and skills categories
- Items, items groups, inventory, equippable stuff
- XP and level settings
- Playfield with dices and characters table
- Tools for drawing on the canvas
SET UP AND RUN
FOR UBUNTU 14.04 (x64)
- virtualenv --no-site-packages venv
- source venv/bin/activate
- cp development.ini.example SETTINGS.ini (do not forget add SETTINGS.ini to your global ~/.gitignore)
- set up your SETTINGS.ini file
- echo "deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ trusty-pgdg main" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list
- wget --quiet -O - https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc | sudo apt-key add -
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.5 postgresql-server-dev-9.5 libpq-dev
- set up your postgresql and create the necessary database, user etc
Dependencies and migrations
- pip install -e .
- pip install -r git_requirements.txt
- migrate SETTINGS.ini
Install frontend-related stuff
Start your DEV web server:
To run the playground (websockets-based gamesession server)
- cp server/dev.ini server/SETTINGS.ini
- cd server
- ./run SETTINGS.ini
NOTE: If is_dev=true is in SETTINGS.ini, settings.js will be generated automatically before starting the server
Oh yes, about the license.