SmallPress is a Pluggable Minimalistic Blog for TurboGears2. It implements articles with Attachments and Tags support. Uses CKEditor for content editing.
tgapp-smallpress can be installed both from pypi or from bitbucket:
should just work for most of the users
In your application config/app_cfg.py import plug:
from tgext.pluggable import plug
Then at the end of the file call plug with smallpress:
Run paster setup-app development.ini again to create the tables related to smallpress and start the application. You will be able to access the blog section at http://localhost:8080/smallpress. Management gui will be available when logged with an user inside the smallpress Group.
Enabling Whoosh Indexing
SmallPress has bult in posts indexing whoosh based. If you have Whoosh installed it will be used to perform indexing of the articles for better lookup in search functions.
When enabled Whoosh will store its index into /tmp/smallpress_whoosh you can change this path by changing the smallpress_whoosh_index variable in your configuration file.
Multiple Blogs Support
By default smallpress will work with only one blog, but it supports a preliminary multiple blogs implementation. Search and TagCloud will be shared by all the blogs, but it is possible to filter the articles of only one blog and manage only its articles.
To create a blog access /smallpress/blogs and create a new one, you will then be able to access the subblog and manage it by accessing /smallpress/blogname
Smallpress exposed a bunch of partials which can be used to render pieces of the blogging system anywhere in your application:
- smallpress.partials:articles -> Renders the list of articles
- smallpress.partials:article_preview -> Renders the preview of an article
- smallpress.partials:tagcloud -> Renders the blog tagcloud section
- smallpress.partials:search -> Renders the blog search section
- smallpress.partials.excerpts -> Renders excerpts of a list of articles
- smallpress.partials.excerpt -> Renders the excerpt of an article
Smallpress exposes some hooks and options to configure its aspects.
Options that can be passed to the plug call:
- form -> Full python path of the form class to use for the Article form. By default smallpress.lib.forms.ArticleForm is used.
The hooks that can be used with TurboGears2 register_hook are:
- smallpress.before_create_article(article, values) -> Runs before the creation of an article
- smallpress.after_create_article(article, values) -> Runs after the creation of an article, makes possible to set additional data for newly created articles
- smallpress.before_edit_article(article, values) -> Runs before displaying the edit article form, makes possible to load additional form values
- smallpress.before_save_article(article, values) -> Runs before saving the article after it got edited, makes possible to update additional data for the article.