sbbdep (Slack Build Binary Dependencies)
-Slackware Builds and Binaries Dependencies Walker,
sbbdep is a tool for Slackware and Slackware based distributions that traces
binary runtime dependencies of dynamic linked files.
us that libboost_program_options.so is required by the package akonadi.
+this shows that libboost_program_options.so is required by the package akonadi.
sbbdep works also in the other direction
the output format is a package list as slapt-get expects it for dependencies.
(the --short option would generate a list without version number)
-passing the --xdl option would list the dependencies for each file of the package.
-to keep the samples short this option is skiped here.
If the given argument is a file but not with binary dependencies, sbbdep will
search the package database and show found information.
+For more information and a detailed overview visit the wiki:
- sbbdep takes a snap shoot of installed packages, extracts information about
- binary runtime dependencies between files and stores these info in a sqlite3 database
- the stored info can be used to query binary dependencies between
- package/packages file/packages package/files file/files in two directions
- what needs files/package
- through having a static storage sbbdep is very fast in querying these information.
- currently query for package/packages and file/packages in both directions are
- For query/generate information sbbdep itself is not a must requirement,
- the sqlite3 db can be used with other programming languages or sql query tool like
- the sqlite3 cli or sqliteman.
- A description of the database can be found in README_db.txt.
- for additional information run ./sbbdep --help
-sbbdep needs a4z and a4sqlt3 which are both available on bitbucket
-an additional build dependency is boost
-an easy way for downloading the source disribution including a4z and a4sqlt3 is
-getting the source bundle from
-https://bitbucket.org/a4z/sbbdep_slk is this meta repository includes the
-since sbbdep uses C++11 Slackware 14 or newer ist required.
-runtime dependencies from sbbdep can be viewed with sbbdep itself:
-./sbbdep --short --xdl sbbdep
-file /home/slk140/a4work/sbbdep_slk/build/bin/sbbdep needs:
- /lib64/libc-2.15.so( glibc | glibc-solibs )
- libgcc_s.so.1 found in:
- /usr/lib64/libgcc_s.so.1( aaa_elflibs | gcc )
- /usr/lib64/libgomp.so.1.0.0( gcc )
- /lib64/libm-2.15.so( glibc | glibc-solibs )
- libpthread.so.0 found in:
- /lib64/libpthread-2.15.so( glibc | glibc-solibs )
- libstdc++.so.6 found in:
- /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6.0.17( cxxlibs | gcc-g++ )