* A timeline history file lists the timeline changes of the timeline, in
* a simple text format. They are archived along with the WAL segments.
- * The files are named like "<WAL segment>.history". For example, if the
- * database starts up and switches to timeline 5, while processing WAL
- * segment 000000030000002A00000006 (the old timeline was 3), the timeline
- * history file would be called "000000050000002A00000006.history".
+ * The files are named like "<tli>.history". For example, if the database
+ * starts up and switches to timeline 5, the timeline history file would be
+ * called "00000005.history".
* Each line in the file represents a timeline switch:
errmsg("could not rename file \"%s\" to \"%s\": %m",
+ /* The history file can be archived immediately. */
+ TLHistoryFileName(histfname, newTLI);