Welcome To the Wiki of Joeffice
TO DO List
Here is the to do list in the wiki as it's easier to edit. If there is a name at the end, this means that someone is working on it.
Joeffice make use of Apache POI library, meaning that if a feature is missing or buggy in Apache POI, this will be also mmissing / buggy in Joeffice.
- Support for getting charts in spreadsheet in Apache POI
- Support for getting pictures positions in Apache-POI sheets
- Get background color for xslx
- Get background color (highlight) for docx
- Set a background color to the presentation
Note that OpenOffice.org is now under the Apache License 2.0, so improvements for Apache POI can be based on the code of OpenOffice.org.
- Graphics: icons for files, for the application and for the different actions (especially for the toolbars)
- Translation in different language (Bundle.properties in the different packages)
- Support for extensions with dots (e.g; ".h2.db")
- Use of the "New" dialog
- Tooltip in the icons of the TopComponent toolbar
- Support to choose language during installation / options
- Support to change look and feel
This wiki uses the Markdown syntax.
The wiki itself is actually a mercurial repository, which means you can clone it, edit it locally/offline, add images or any other file type, and push it back to us. It will be live immediately.
Go ahead and try:
$ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/agoubard/joeffice/wiki
Wiki pages are normal files, with the .md extension. You can edit them locally, as well as creating new ones.
You can also highlight snippets of text (we use the excellent Pygments library).
Here's an example of some Python code:
def wiki_rocks(text): formatter = lambda t: "funky"+t return formatter(text)
You can check out the source of this page to see how that's done, and make sure to bookmark the vast library of Pygment lexers, we accept the 'short name' or the 'mimetype' of anything in there.