This script helps setup and deploy python projects using Virtualenv.
fabfile.py, changing the env variables to match your settings
fabfile.py, changing the env variables in 'production' or 'localhost' to match your deployment settings
- Create the directory, the virtual environment and install any python packages you need
$ fab production setup
- Check out the latest code and symlink it.
$ fab production deploy
Deployed app folder structure
- Contains folders of releases by date
- Symlink to a release that is used for the currently deployed release
- WSGI script for apache
- virtualenv directory with installed python packages
- virtualenv directory with installed executables from python packages
- Directory for storing python `logging` logs
In order to work, fabric needs to know some paths. Open the
fabfile.py file and change the variables to match your environment.