02 Nov 201 1: </i><b>IMDbPY 4. 8.2 and a brand new web site!</b>
+ <i> 201: </i><b>IMDbPY 4.</b>
- <p>Sorry for the slowdown in the development, but we're back in action!<br />
- We're SO back in action that we left some installation bug and debug code in 4.8, so
- 4.8.1 is there. Did anybody said 4.8.1?! 4.8.2, I mean! :-)</p>
+ <p>With the usual hurry, here it is IMDbPY 4.9.<br />
<p>As you can see, we also have a shiny new web site, courtesy of Alberto Malagoli.
Many thanks to him, and we hope you like it!</p>
- <p>This release contains major bugfixes and clean-ups; there are for sure
- a lot of small problems, related to the last redesign of the IMDb web
- site, but we hope have fixed most of the big problems.<br />
- <a href="docs/Changelog.txt">Changelog for the 4.8
+ <p>In this release: an urgent fix for the search queries, some new features like a "gender" field for persons in the database, improved performances restoring imdbIDs and many other fixes.<br />
+ <a href="docs/Changelog.txt">Changelog for the 4.9
<span>#</span>WHAT'S GOIN' ON
+ <p><i>16 Jun 2012: <b>celebrating the new release!</b></i><br />
+ Be happy, a shiny new version of IMDbPY is out!
<p><i>27 May 2012: <b>workaround for imdbpy2sql.py slowness</b></i><br />
If you experience some massive slowdown of the <tt>imdbpy2sql.py</tt> script, especially on Ubuntu 12.04, please try installing SQLAlchemy and adding the <tt>"-o sqlalchemy"</tt> option to the command line.
In the repository, there are already many fixes and some huge improvements in the handling of imdbIDs in the SQL database. Moreover, <i><a href="http://github.com/etabard">Emmanuel Tabard</a></i> kindly joined the development team. Welcome!
- <p><i>02 Nov 2011: <b>Celebrating the new release!</b></i><br />
- Since a recent redesign of the IMDb's pages, IMDbPY was badly
- broken; starting with 4.7 and 4.8 we're working to fix it, but some help is
- still needed; see <a href="groups.google.com/group/imdbpy-devel/browse_thread/thread/b1226f91645fd209">this thread</a> for more information.</p>