See also CONTRIBUTORS.txt for a list of the most important developers
who share the copyright on some portions of the code.
First of all, I want to thank all the maintainers of the
packages, listed on http://imdbpy.sf.net/?page=download#otherpkg,
and especially Ana Guerrero.
Another big thank to the developers who used IMDbPY for their
projects and researches; they can be found here:
Other very special thanks go to some people who followed very
closely the development of IMDbPY, providing hints and insights:
Ori Cohen, James Rubino, Tero Saarni and Jesper Noer (for a lot
of help, and also for the wonderful http://bitbucket.org)
Below, a list of persons who contributed with bug reports, small
patches and hints (kept in a reverse order since IMDbPY 4.5):
* Haukur Páll Hallvarðsson for a patch on query parameters.
* Arthur de Peretti-Schlomoff for a list of French articles and
fixes to Spanish articles.
* John Lambert, Rick Summerhill and Maciej for reports and fixes
for the search query.
* Kaspars "Darklow" Sprogis for an impressive amount of tests and reports about
bugs parsing the plain text data files and many new ideas.
* Damien Stewart for many bug reports about the Windows environment.
* Vincenzo Ampolo for a bug report about the new imdbIDs save/restore queries.
* Tomáš Hnyk for the idea of an option to reraise caught exceptions.
* Emmanuel Tabard for ideas, code and testing on restoring imdbIDs.
* Fabian Roth for a bug report about the new style of episodes list.
* Y. Josuin for a bug report on missing info in crazy credits file.
* Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis for a patch for locales.
* Gustaf Nilsson for bug reports about BeautifulSoup.
* Jernej Kos for patches to handle "in production" information
and birth/death years.
* Saravanan Thirumuruganathan for a bug report about genres in mobile.
* Paul Koan, for a bug report about DVD pages and movie references.
* Greg Walters for a report about a bug with queries with too
* Olav Kolbu for tests and report about how the IMDb.com servers
reply to queries made with and without cookies.
* Jef "ofthelit", for a patch for the reduce.sh script bug
reports for Windows.
* Reiner Herrmann for benchmarks using SSD hard drives.
* Thomas Stewart for some tests and reports about a bug
with charset in the plain text data files.
* Ju-Hee Bae for an important series of bug reports about
the problems derived by the last IMDb's redesign.
* Luis Liras and Petite Abeille for a report and a bugfix about
imdbpy2sql.py used with SQLite and SQLObject.
* Kevin S. Anthony for a bug report about episodes list.
* Bhupinder Singh for a bug report about exception handling in Python 2.4.
* Ronald Hatcher for a bug report on the GAE environment.
* Ramusus for a lot of precious bug reports.
* Laurent Vergne for a hint about InnoDB, MyISAM and foreign keys.
* Israel Fruch for patches to support the new set of parsers.
* Inf3cted MonkeY, for a bug report about 'vote details'.
* Alexmipego, for suggesting to add a md5sum to titles and names.
* belgabortm for a bug report about movies with multiple 'countries'.
* David Kaufman for an idea to make the 'update' method more robust.
* Dustin Wyatt for a bug with SQLite of Python 2.6.
* Julian Scheid for bug reports about garbage in the ptdf.
* Adeodato Simó for a bug report about the new imdb.com layout.
* Josh Harding for a bug report about the new imdb.com layout.
* Xavier Naidoo for a bug report about top250 and BeautifulSoup.
* Basil Shubin for hints about a new helper function.
* Mark Jeffery, for some help debugging a lxml bug.
* Hieu Nguyen for a bug report about fetching real imdbIDs.
* Rdian06 for a patch for movies without plot authors.
* Tero Saarni, for the series 60 GUI and a lot of testing and
* Ana Guerrero, for maintaining the official debian package.
* H. Turgut Uyar for a number of bug reports and a lot of work on
* Ori Cohen for some code and various hints.
* Jesper Nøhr for a lot of testing, especially on 'sql'.
* James Rubino for many bug reports.
* Cesare Lasorella for a bug report about newer versions of SQLObject.
* Andre LeBlanc for a bug report about airing date of tv series episodes.
* aow for a note about some misleading descriptions.
* Sébastien Ragons for tests and reports.
* Sridhar Ratnakumar for info about PKG-INF.
* neonrush for a bug parsing Malcolm McDowell filmography!
* Alen Ribic for some bug reports and hints.
* Joachim Selke for some bug reports with SQLAlchemy and DB2 and a lot
of testing and debugging of the ibm_db driver (plus a lot of hints
about how to improve the imdbpy2sql.py script).
* Karl Newman for bug reports about the installer of version 4.5.
* Saruke Kun and Treas0n for bug reports about 'Forbidden' errors
from the imdb.com server.
* Chris Thompson for some bug reports about summary() methods.
* Mike Castle for performace tests with SQLite and numerous hints.
* Indy (indyx) for a bug about series cast parsing using BeautifulSoup.
* Yoav Aviram for a bug report about tv mini-series.
* Arjan Gijsberts for a bug report and patch for a problem with
movies listed in the Bottom 100.
* Helio MC Pereira for a bug report about unicode.
* Michael Charclo for some bug reports performing 'http' queries.
* Amit Belani for bug reports about plot outline and other changes.
* Matt Warnock for some tests with MySQL.
* Mark Armendariz for a bug report about too long field in MySQL db
and some tests/analyses.
* Alexy Khrabrov, for a report about a subtle bug in imdbpy2sql.py.
* Clark Bassett for bug reports and fixes about the imdbpy2sql.py
script and the cutils.c C module.
* mumas for reporting a bug in summary methods.
* Ken R. Garland for a bug report about 'cover url' and a lot of
* Steven Ovits for hints and tests with Microsoft SQL Server, SQLExpress
and preliminary work on supporting diff files.
* Fredrik Arnell for tests and bug reports about the imdbpy2sql.py script.
* Arnab for a bug report in the imdbpy2sql.py script.
* Elefterios Stamatogiannakis for the hint about transactions and SQLite,
to obtain an impressive improvement in performances.
* Jon Sabo for a bug report about unicode and the imdbpy2sql.py script
and some feedback.
* Andrew Pendleton for a report about a very hideous bug in
the imdbpy2sql.py (garbage in the plain text data files + programming
errors + utf8 strings + postgres).
* Ataru Moroboshi ;-) for a bug report about role/duty and notes.
* Ivan Kedrin for a bug report about the analyze_title function.
* Hadley Rich for reporting bugs and providing patches for troubles
parsing tv series' episodes and searching for tv series' titles.
* Jamie R. Rytlewski for a suggestion about saving imbIDs in 'sql'.
* Vincent Crevot, for a bug report about unicode support.
* Jay Klein for a bug report and testing to fix a nasty bug in the
imdbpy2sql.py script (splitting too large data sets).
* Ivan Garcia for an important bug report about the use of IMDbPY
within wxPython programs.
* Kessia Pinheiro for a bug report about tv series list of episodes.
* Michael G. Noll for a bug report and a patch to fix a bug
retrieving 'plot keywords'.
* Alain Michel, for a bug report about search_*.py and get_*.py scripts.
* Martin Arpon and Andreas Schoenle for bug reports (and patches)
about "runtime", "aka titles" and "production notes" information
not being parsed.
* none none (dclist at gmail.com) for a useful hint and code to
retrieve a movie/person object, given an URL.
* Sebastian Pölsterl, for a bug report about the cover url for
tv (mini) series, and another one about search_* methods.
* Martin Kirst for many hints and the work on the imdbpyweb program.
* Julian Mayer, for a bug report and a patch about non-ascii chars.
* Wim Schut and "eccentric", for bug reports and a patches about
movies' cover url.
* Alfio Ferrara, for a bug report about the get_first_movie.py script.
* Magnus Lie Hetland for an hint about the searches in sql package.
* Thomas Jadjewski for a bug report about the imdbpy2sql.py script.
* Trevor MacPhail, for a bug report about search_* methods and
the ParserBase.parse method.
* Guillaume Wisniewski, for a bug report.
* Kent Johnson, for a bug report.
* Andras Bali, for the hint about the "plot outline" information.
* Nick S. Novikov, who provided the Windows installer until I've
managed to set up a Windows development environment.
* Simone Bacciglieri, who downloaded the plain text data files for me.
* Carmine Noviello, for some design hints.
* "Basilius" for a bug report.
* Davide for a bug report.