mc*NIX - A Minecraft installer for UNIX/Linux
A shell-based Minecraft installer for Ubuntu and other *NIX-based systems.
Stable releases now available for download. See "Downloads" for available versions.
- Launcher verification
- Tigher system integration
- Various Unity quicklists
How do I use this?
- Step 1: Click Downloads up on the top of the page
- Step 2: Download the latest (stable) version of mcnix.sh. Unstable versions will be marked as UNSTABLE.
- Step 3: Mark the file as executable
- Step 4: Open in a terminal (gnome-terminal, xterm, Konsole, etc.)
- The rest is fairly self-explanitory
What does it do?
- It installs and provides utilities for Minecraft on Unix/Linux
- It enables a very easy way to get a Minecraft server set up.
I would like to thank "batil" of Deviantart for allowing me to use his icon for the launcher. To see more of his work, head to http://batil.deviantart.com/ .